Soldbuch Entry Question

for information on soldbuchs,stamps,money,passes etc.

Moderator: Feldjager

pzrwest

Soldbuch Entry Question

Post by pzrwest »

What would the entry for an mp40 and pouches be? I know the gun would be on the weapons page but what would the entry be? machinenpistolle 40 or what? same for the pouches where would they be listed and the entry spelling
bee

Post by bee »

pouches would be listed on the equipment pages. there is no entry but there should be some empty lines where you can fill it in.
"Magazintaschen MP38/40"

entry for the gun would be MP38/40 I imagine. never seen a soldbuch with an entry like this, though. will keep looking.
bee.
--
the greatest pet i had was a flat rat.
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

bee wrote:pouches would be listed on the equipment pages. there is no entry but there should be some empty lines where you can fill it in.
"Magazintaschen MP38/40"

entry for the gun would be MP38/40 I imagine. never seen a soldbuch with an entry like this, though. will keep looking.
Thanks bee. Just wondering if the mp40 would be listed as Machinenpistole MP38/40 ?
bee

Post by bee »

dont think so. too long to put in there. they used to put the rifle in as k98k not as karabiner 98
bee.
--
the greatest pet i had was a flat rat.
fjr5rolf

MP 40 entries

Post by fjr5rolf »

Examples I have seen have the entry marked:

on page 8 "Besitznachweis uber Waffen und Gerat"

in the "Pistole" box, " Masch.- " is written over Pistole, and "40" under 'zeichen'.

The more common entry is:

"M.P. " over Pistole , and "MP40" in the 'zeichen' box

or

sometimes in the blank box of those '8' pages MP40 is written in, or "MP" in the blank box and "40" under 'zeichen'.

Hope that helps.
fjr5rolf

Post by fjr5rolf »

oli4vercammen wrote:what would be in the Zeichen box for the seitengewehr or bajonet?
What about the Gravityknive? would this be a "Luftwaffe Fallmesser" or have you seen something else?
From the Luftwaffe Buchs I've seen, the corresponding entry for the seitengewehr is marked in this space with the "%" , symbol for "Not available", written in the zeichen box, otherwise they were mostly left blank.

for the jump knife, there are sometimes entries in a blank space in section "F. Fallschirmjager- Dienst" 'fallschirmmesser'

or one buch has a written & date entry in the 'Besondere Bekleidungsvermerke' page for the jump knife, with a date and signature of the issuer.

Return to “Paperwork”