Breeches.

Moderator: Feldjager

Heinz

Breeches.

Post by Heinz »

Someone help me. Please. I'm reaching the end of my tether here lol

I'm after a couple of pairs of Officers Breeches. Pair in Wool, and a pair in gabardine. I've bought some from Hong Kong Keith (sizing aint bad, manufacture is appalling) and from Pirchen at reenactment-box.com (sizing is fecking terrible, but the manufacture is fairly good)

Anyone able to recommend a decent supplier? (preferably one that wont put me into as much debt as Zimbabwe!)
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
dink

Post by dink »

2nd Pair, sizing bad as in too big terrible or too small terrible ? too big get them altered, too small give them to me :D
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

Too big. In fact, almost like wings. If i strapped a pair of turboprops to them, i could take off....
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
dink

Post by dink »

Get them professionally altered then, am sure there will be a seamstress near you that could sort the trews out in no time :roll:

PS I need to see these trews first mind, get them put on and get a photo taken :lol:
BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian »

I second getting them altered. "Too big" is always fixable - get someone who knows how to sew and have them taken in - *AND* you'll end up with scrap material for repairs in the future!

Now "too small" is another problem altogether....
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

Good point there. Be a nice change having stuff "taken in" instead of "taken out". Really must lose a few pounds :?

Muller

Post by Muller »

If you are going for an officers impression, my only suggestion is James Brown and a Jancke uniform, yes you may be able to get away with HK stuff and i have seen some offcier bits that are no that bad.

But when you think an offcier would have a private purchase and taliored uniform you might as well be the same..... I am saving for a Jancke set will take a while but worth in the end :wink:
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

Just had a look for the Janke stuff, only supplier I could find is http://stby.com/bbm/wssuni.htm. Yup, its 500 quid for the Breeches and Tunic, but that ain't too bad. If i cut down on buying pointless crap for a month or two, its in the bag :)

Question is, are there any suppliers other than Bill's Bureau?

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

What about Richard Underwood
ImageImageImageImageImage
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

I suppose I could, though i'm a little reticent. His kit is great, but the length of time its taken for it to be delivered to me before is, well, less than "great". Perhaps I should give him the benefit of the doubt, and send him an email anyway.

Muller

Post by Muller »

Heinz

Post by Heinz »

Gotta love this country. "Treasure Island" or what.

Both Tunic and breeches are Janke:

Bill's Bureau: 956 USD for both items - around £470 quid
Extraklasse: £845 for both items.

Even taking into account shipping & Tax/Duty - its STILL a damn sight cheaper to buy them in from the US (even though its all made in the EU :evil: )

Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

My unitcommander is also dealing in Janke uniforms, and since we are located within the EU, i'm sure you can get it cheaper and most likely also faster by ordering from him:
email:easternfront@post.utfors.se

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”