Soldbuch... again!

for information on soldbuchs,stamps,money,passes etc.

Moderator: Feldjager

Gren-Schell

Soldbuch... again!

Post by Gren-Schell »

Can anyone help?
I've just had a Soldbuch returned and in the awards section, I've had the Infantry Assault Badge in bronze inserted and dated 2nd March 1944. This is fine, however, I've also been awarded the Ost front medal which would obviously have been issued earlier.
How do I insert it into the book, and (in German), how would it be written?
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Awards can be given much later than the time period they were earnt. I have seen Kreta cuff title awards dated 1943!
as for how it will look in the soldbuch I will look at my references.

Paul
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

In Hans von Luck's book called Panzer Commander there is a part where he was awarded the Knight's Cross and the von Luck's commander commented that the award was there for several months before he was actually awarded it. So I'm assumeing that the award document would have an older date on it than when the award was actually presented. So the entry in von Luck's soldbuch would be later than when the document was. So a late entry of an award after another woyuld historicaly correct
paulmfjr2 wrote:Awards can be given much later than the time period they were earnt. I have seen Kreta cuff title awards dated 1943!

Paul
Gren-Schell

Post by Gren-Schell »

pzrwest wrote:In Hans von Luck's book called Panzer Commander there is a part where he was awarded the Knight's Cross and the von Luck's commander commented that the award was there for several months before he was actually awarded it. So I'm assumeing that the award document would have an older date on it than when the award was actually presented. So the entry in von Luck's soldbuch would be later than when the document was. So a late entry of an award after another woyuld historicaly correct
paulmfjr2 wrote:Awards can be given much later than the time period they were earnt. I have seen Kreta cuff title awards dated 1943!

Paul
Cheers mate,
But, I was awarded the assault badge in september 1943, the Ost front medal would have been awarded about a year before.... I/we portray Mid-1944!!!!
My brain hurts.... can I list it anyway???!!! :shock:

I guess if a Kreta cuff title was awarded after a much longer period.... it should be fine! 8)
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!

Return to “Paperwork”