Combo Paint Scheme

Devoted to all that represent Medics etc..

Moderator: DAS MEDIC

Stuart Humphrey

Combo Paint Scheme

Post by Stuart Humphrey »

Hello, I wondered if anyone can help?

Was there a specific colour scheme used for a Motorcycle Combo used by medical personnel?

IE: did they just paint the whole thing white and slap a red cross on the sidecar?
nelz

Re: Combo Paint Scheme

Post by nelz »

Here you go Disco, :shock: ... Some various Sanni Krads.... never seen a pic with the Krad painted white though, as was done with many Medical Vehicles.... hope these pics answer your question... :D

These three may require medical attention ,.... or they are having a serious well earned Kip !! 8)

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
DAS MEDIC

Re: Combo Paint Scheme

Post by DAS MEDIC »

krads were painted usually ral 7021 grey(i have that stuff on the brain, literally )
red crosses placed on the "bonnet" of the sidecar, and often on the pannier or boxes and on the box on the bike itself, havent seen a camo coloured combi with red crosses on as it wasnt really logistically right to try camo something then make it stand out,as dunkelgelb took over the grey i am sure there will be examples of these coloured red cross combis too.
depends on period \time span that your impression is too
the pics from nelz are a very good example, alsodont forget the unit marking of a motorised attachment to a medical unit krad
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl

Return to “Medics......”