Fallschirmjager Lehr event

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
paulmfjr2

Fallschirmjager Lehr event

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Ok guys this is just here to gain a response. There has been an idea raised to hold an FJ training weekend for all Fj reenactors in the UK and Europe. Kind of following on the success of this years 'Dead Mans Corner' event, and building on it. There is no fixed location or date as yet but we are looking at several options around March 2009. The event would include all attendants dividing into several groups, each group would then receive a talk/training on a different topic. The groups would rotate through the weekend so that everyone gets the chance to do everything. These 'topics' could include, training on and firing a selection of period weapons, just to ensure we are all safe and capable. A talk on Uniform and kit, Field emplacements and entrenchments, small unit tactics. The chance to wear and handle a parachute harness with inflated chute, and a jump tower. We may have the chance to use an original Pak 37 or a Pak 40. We also had the idea for the event to culminate in a large field manouver of all troops through a pyro barrage. Camping would also be in a 'living history' context with all participants messing together.

Well thats the basic idea, there would be costs involved but that would depend on the amount of people attending.

So if this event was available who would be interested in attending?. Although this is to be held in the UK it is open to all European FJ reenactors.
dagda

Re: Fallschirmjager Lehr event

Post by dagda »

You can take as read that FJR6 kompanie 9 will be there!!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Ted

Post by Ted »

count me in Paul...
carentan

Post by carentan »

We will be there too.

Glück ab!
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
gerike

Post by gerike »

:D Ciao Paul,
you can count on us......
keep in contact soon.

Massimo
Rome -Italy

Reenactors Italia 1943-1945
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Hi guys, thanks for the response, can you all PM me with how many people in yout groups that would be interested in attending.

Cheers,

Paul

Return to “UK reenactment and events”