Krankentrager pouches

Devoted to all that represent Medics etc..

Moderator: DAS MEDIC

panzerfaust joust

Krankentrager pouches

Post by panzerfaust joust »

Hello everyone. I was wondering, I have managed to find out the contents of the krankentrager's right hand belt pouch, but I don't know what would have been carried in the left? I know that krankentrager's carried bandages, slings, etc. Also, did krankentrager's carry the one litre canteen? Also, (and sorry for so many questions!), I understand that a pistol would more than likely be carried on the eastern front, but not the western?

Many thanks!
VonSchnitzel

Re: Krankentrager pouches

Post by VonSchnitzel »

The following is from my records I have found around the internet

Krankenträger had....

1 anatomical tweezers, 1 clinical thermoneter, 1 wood-spatula, 1 nail-cleaner, 1 scissor 14cm - 16cm long, 3 band aids 5m x7cm , 6 band aid packs, 1 ligature-bind, 1 leather case with 20 safety-pins, 1 piece waterproof band aid 50 x 45cm
1 paper-box with 2 iodine bottles 4ccm Tinctura Jodi, 1 artificial resine soapbox with 50g soap, 1 paperbox with 1 roll Collemplastrum Zinci 5m x 2,5cm, 5 band aid packs 8cm x 9,5cm in paper, 1 grey aluminium box with 1 one tube 10ccm Unguentum saliicylici 2%ig, 2 tubes 10ccm Unguentum Formaldehydi 8%ig, 1 tube 10ccm alcalic eye-ointment. 5 aluminium tablet-tubes with 20 tablets Acidum acetylosalicylicum 0,5g, 20 tablets Opium 0,03g, 15 tablets Rhizoma Rei 0.5g, 20 tablets Cardiazol 0,1g, 10 tablets Natrium bicarbonic 1,0g.
Weight: 1,6kg, dimensions: 17x8x10,5cm, Packordnung: H.Dv.208/4

Pistol yes for Eastern Front but not as common on western front
However Hitlers orders stated all medics carry pistols
Western Australia's Only WW2 Reenacting Group
World War 2 Forces WA
http://www.ww2forceswa.com

Ramcke Brigade Afrika
43rd Sturm Pioniers
18th Luftwaffe Field Division
German Combat Medic
panzerfaust joust

Post by panzerfaust joust »

Thank you! :)
Pyotr

Post by Pyotr »

Medics were first German soldiers, and thus were armed as a matter of course. I have photos and have seen photos of medics (red cross arm banded men) even carrying K98s. They were to use the weapon to defend self, and patients.

Peter
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

VonSchnitzel wrote:The following is from my records I have found around the internet

Krankenträger had....

1 anatomical tweezers, 1 clinical thermoneter, 1 wood-spatula, 1 nail-cleaner, 1 scissor 14cm - 16cm long, 3 band aids 5m x7cm , 6 band aid packs, 1 ligature-bind, 1 leather case with 20 safety-pins, 1 piece waterproof band aid 50 x 45cm
1 paper-box with 2 iodine bottles 4ccm Tinctura Jodi, 1 artificial resine soapbox with 50g soap, 1 paperbox with 1 roll Collemplastrum Zinci 5m x 2,5cm, 5 band aid packs 8cm x 9,5cm in paper, 1 grey aluminium box with 1 one tube 10ccm Unguentum saliicylici 2%ig, 2 tubes 10ccm Unguentum Formaldehydi 8%ig, 1 tube 10ccm alcalic eye-ointment. 5 aluminium tablet-tubes with 20 tablets Acidum acetylosalicylicum 0,5g, 20 tablets Opium 0,03g, 15 tablets Rhizoma Rei 0.5g, 20 tablets Cardiazol 0,1g, 10 tablets Natrium bicarbonic 1,0g.
Weight: 1,6kg, dimensions: 17x8x10,5cm, Packordnung: H.Dv.208/4
I think you'll find this is wrong, in that it represents the right-hand pouch for the sanitater. The first 5 items would have been housed in a leather/ersatz leather/cloth pouch.

The krankentrager right-hand pouch contents are;

1x waterproof bandage (virtually impossible to find)
2x slings
3x wound packs
1x tourniquet

Hope that clarifies.
Transferred to 17 Kompanie, Infanterie Regiment, Großdeutschland....

Return to “Medics......”