Panzer Kopfhörer Replica

Discuss anything to do with communications here

Moderator: Feldjager

Simon Klaus

Panzer Kopfhörer Replica

Post by Simon Klaus »

When I restored my Panzer Kopfhörer Dfh.b, found the German design is practical and simplicity, every piece is functional and necessary, which triggered me to make a replica for my smartphone.
The only parts I am unable to handle is the spring headband, won a relic headband from ebay but its too rotten to use, only salvaged the ball connectors, finally the spring shop at the corner made me a perfect copy.
Now to reproduce the housing and the ear pieces, made a silicon mould from the original housing and press an aluminium tin in the resin while its not settled yet.
The cover of the tin box provide the connecting screw threads and strength for the ear piece.
The bracket unit are reproduced by banding spring straps and metal straps, tried many times, ended up with a pair of perfect bracket units.
Insert a audio wire wire with mic and 3.5mm connector for smart phone, connected to the mini speakers, then protected and stable the speakers at the center by the compress foam.
The final step is to assemble everything together, on the left is my replica, on the right is the original as reference.
Now the replica Pz Kopfhörer is born.
Hard working but lots of fun and experience earned.
Next project is to make production of the Panzer Kopfhörer in metal, as all my friends wants one.
For more information and photos of this resin replica and the metal replica, do visit my Facebook Page: WH Restorer.
Cheers,
Simon

Return to “Radio/signals”