Advice wanted for lufty/fallshy FG

Moderator: Feldjager

johankreig

Advice wanted for lufty/fallshy FG

Post by johankreig »

Ok having spoken to several people on here it seems that there isnt a cut and dry kit for lufty and falshy fg, I have been told the osprey book is innaccurate, I have also not een able to find much in the way of info on the net, found some good pics of fallshy fg which seems to be just fallshy with/without y-straps, ammo pouches gun and gorget, as for lufty I am unsure what kit would be worn, would it be the standard flieger uniform as per fallshy non tropical, with different trousers (not sure what the ground units wore as I am only sure on the green jump trousers that fallshys use) also what kind of smocks would they be using would it be army smoks or would they use the splinter b smocks of the luftwaffe. Lastly what colour shoulder boards etch would be used, fallshy seem just to use there normal ones but I cant get a consistent report on the lufty ones. any help with this and anything else relevent would be much appreciated, I would liek to atleast try and get it right, also places to source such bits that are going to be atleast slightly accurate would be nice, as I keep running into walls with splinter b items.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Olly

Re: Advice wanted for lufty/fallshy FG

Post by Olly »

The only place to go really - splinter B items - http://www.panther-store.cz/en
christiandbn

Post by christiandbn »

I think it highly depends on the scenario you're portraying. if you're in the tropical regions, then you should go for a tropical uniform. Otherwise, a fliegerbluse. In the tropicals, you would often see FG wearing tropical hats, shirt and shorts or trousers.

I think some more info on the scenario would help us finding the right impression for you m8.
The fighter must seek battle in the air. Luftwaffe Supplies
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

http://www.luftwaffesociety.com/
contact Mike Reddy,
pepperpot
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

i allready have trops for my fallshy kit, was looking at skmething more temperate like say italy or perhaps france.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
christiandbn

Post by christiandbn »

Tropicals are good for italy. if you're doing a FJ with Hermann Goering, an HBT tunic with Luftwaffe insignia would do as well. You must have a unit that you are portraying. Otherwise you can do whatever you want. You would always find a particular combination, especially in Italy.

Tropicals for summer in France is good as well.
The fighter must seek battle in the air. Luftwaffe Supplies
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

johankreig wrote:Ok having spoken to several people on here it seems that there isnt a cut and dry kit for lufty and falshy fg, I have been told the osprey book is innaccurate, I have also not een able to find much in the way of info on the net, found some good pics of fallshy fg which seems to be just fallshy with/without y-straps, ammo pouches gun and gorget, as for lufty I am unsure what kit would be worn, would it be the standard flieger uniform as per fallshy non tropical, with different trousers (not sure what the ground units wore as I am only sure on the green jump trousers that fallshys use) also what kind of smocks would they be using would it be army smoks or would they use the splinter b smocks of the luftwaffe. Lastly what colour shoulder boards etch would be used, fallshy seem just to use there normal ones but I cant get a consistent report on the lufty ones. any help with this and anything else relevent would be much appreciated, I would liek to atleast try and get it right, also places to source such bits that are going to be atleast slightly accurate would be nice, as I keep running into walls with splinter b items.
I think you seem to have some confusion with Fallschirmjager/Luftwaffe kit and insignia etc, you keep refferring to "Lufty" and then
"Fallshy" shoulder boards as if they were seperate, as far as i know they were the same, the yellow waffenfarbe used for LW flight
crews was the same as Fallschirmjager and the shoulder boards were in Luftwaffe blue colour.

If it is Fallschirmjager-FG you are portraying as far as i know it would be the Fallschirmjager waffenfarbe that is to be worn with a
LW gorget, although sometimes the standard Wehrmacht gorget was worn as well in some pics ive seen, the four pocket LW tunic
was also seen, mainly at bases/airfields etc, in the field gorget wearers were sometimes designated from combat units and wore the
police gorget temporarilly, it depends which type of Feldgendarmerie you wish to portray??, if it is a speciffic feldgendarmerie group
you belong to you should speak to your group and find out what it is they are portraying and what you are allowed to wear :?:
Peiper
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

Ok should propbably clarify, I am not going to be representing any particular unit, I am also looking to do both fallshy fg and lufty fg as seperate kits and looks, I think the fallshy kit seems to be just the basic kit sans jump/tactical gear with the gorgett, usualy the army one from what i can see, not seen many pics showing the lufty one, tho i have read that not many were made, I am mainly seeking clarification on what uniforms/kit would be used by the lufty fg, would it be the standard lufty field uniform which as i understand was the blue flieger with army smocks but correct me if this is wrong, also i have been told that fg lufty units wore a variety of uniforms including the army green/grey ones, aslo what shoulder boards would be used etc... for a lufty fg portrayal. I am just looking at doing a generic portrayal of both fallshy and lufty FG, no specific rank as of yet will decide on a suitable one later, and I have at the moment just my fallshy triop kit, so bascily I want to know what I need to cover the portrayals correctly within reason.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Olly

Post by Olly »

No Heer smock needed for the LW impression. If your doing Fallschirmjager then a Splinter B jump smock seems is the norm in most period photos.
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

what smock would the lufty use, would it be the same as the field units smock?
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Olly

Post by Olly »

It would very much depend on what on the division they were operating with? It's not a front line job like being in a LW FD Infantry Coy so less chance of being issued the camo.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/26912 ... ndarmerie/

http://www.passionmilitaria.com/t14830- ... endarmerie - Scroll down there is a LW FG with a FD smock on.

http://www.feldgendarmerie.net/Bahnhof.htm

Just a Flieger Bluse or possibly 4 pocket tunic seems the most common look.
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

ok thanks all, I think I have a rough idea of what I need, got myself a nice repro gorgett and traffic wand now so its a start, i look more feldgendarm than fallshy now, the chain dogs are a coming.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
BedsnHerts

Post by BedsnHerts »

Please stop calling it "fallshy" though... otherwise I'll start referring to Waffen-SS as "waffy" and Wehrmacht as "wehry" :wink:
Falsch is the German word for "fake", "wrong" or "incorrect". FJ is a much nicer abbreviation.
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

my appolagies, most of the people i know that do fj, call it that, bad habit i suppose,
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

Me on the left at Chatham Militaria Fair , and yes i know i have black leatherwork not brown :roll: :lol:
Attachments
600_44.jpg
600_44.jpg (89.4 KiB) Viewed 11874 times
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP

Return to “Feldgendarmerie”