Ant Z Panzer Wraps.

Moderator: Feldjager

Gliderinf

Ant Z Panzer Wraps.

Post by Gliderinf »

Has anybody actually had a panzer wrap from pirchen. I know people have said good things about his stug Wraps - but what about the Panzer ones. he only ever seems to have "officers" ones with silver piping around the collar. why does he never list normal ones ? is the black wool any good ? and the all important sizing ?

he has a lot of nice looking things advertised - but having taken the plunge with the Luftly tropical pants - I aint in a big Hurry to try again. they came in bright screaming yellow (like the shorts he shows / not like the pants ) with pockets you cant get your hand in and buttons that dont have holes to go in.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Re: Ant Z Panzer Wraps.

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

He has a lot of stuff that is not on his website or on ebay. Just email him and ask if he has what you are looking for (he does make black EM panzer wraps and trousers)

I have had a stug wrap from him and I liked it a lot (gave it away as a birthday present). If you are not satisfied with anything you can always return hit, he values his customers a lot.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I bought my Panzer Wrap from Chen last year, Im pretty happy with it. I also got the pants as well and they both fit me well. Sure sometimes you get things from him that a re missing button holes or buttons not sewn on properly, but unless you pay top dollar from another supplier, these are pretty darn goodly! :wink:

I apologise for the farbiness of the pic...an SS belt buckle with a Wehrmacht uniform...tsk tsk!! I was only new to reenacting then... :roll:
Attachments
Potrait_of_a_soldier_series_by_Zineve1b.jpg
Potrait_of_a_soldier_series_by_Zineve1b.jpg (53.2 KiB) Viewed 6478 times
There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness" :D
aeros66

Post by aeros66 »

I have 4 panzer wraps from chen/ ant-z and I'm pretty happy with them (obviously). Only thing is it took a few to get the fit to be right-A few are the same size listed but are a little different, though.

I have his heer field grey artillery gunner jacke, HBT green twill with the big front pocket and then a black wool officer's wrap. My last one was the new ss cut - definitely SLIM fit! Higher waist and much more glove like fit. Almost too short as I don't wear 1940s cut jeans and my modern low waisted Levi's are a couple inches below the waist line on the ss cut wrap. I'll probly have him make one last custom one with the waist lower so it doesn't look so high. Without insignia, maybe just collar tabs and shoulderboards, they look pretty sharp with that new hipster militaria style so popular at urban outfitters..Even with a sleeve eagle, people don't even notice, though. :roll:
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

You wear it with jeans? As a fashion statement rather than as a reenactor?
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Sheikh Al Stranghi

I can see why, if you look at modern fashion shops MANY MANY MANY clothing lines are heavily influenced by ww2 uniforms. Heck, yesterday I got pulled into a shop by a female friend thingy and she showed me a field grey wool greatcoat!
aeros66

Post by aeros66 »

Pug42 wrote:You wear it with jeans? As a fashion statement rather than as a reenactor?
Yes, I like the slim fit and the military (without it being simply like an "army jacket") look.
Check out the jackets online at urban outfitters and you can see many jackets with an obvious 'military' look; bellows pockets, epaulets, etc. fancy pea coats, etc.
Some of mine have full insignia -no badges or anything, though, and you'd be amazed how often (esp girls) comment on my jackets. Pretty funny/sad how little people REALLY look close at things.

I am interested in ww2 militaria (esp reich clothing, obviously), but the re-enactment thing I can never do- I'm not a 6 ft tall aryan. I'd look like a total poseur.
I understand the "stitch nazi" point of view- if you're gonna do an impression of ANYTHING, you should do it as accurately as possible, body type and race included. Just my opinion, though. I think the pics of you guys that do reenact are amazing- I WISH I could do it.
Paulkd

Post by Paulkd »

I wear kit as part of normal clothes all the time, minky hat and fleiger bluse worn by me on Bournemouth beach last winter....

No i dont cover up any insignia...

Good lookin 40's gal (on here) wants a panzer wrap to wear as a normal jacket, she is a size 8, should be a cool look for her!
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Right... I'm off to Tesco this weekend in my full rig!! :lol: :lol:

Must admit I wear my oakleaf parka quite often in winter, especially for bonfires etc around Nov 5th (as it already smells of woodsmoke!)
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Or it could be a new line from George Von Asda
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Wearing uniforms in public is one thing ( I don't mind at all) but wearing insignia is another. At least cover it up with a big button or something. Here's a nice one:

Sheikh Al Stranghi

aeros66 wrote:
I am interested in ww2 militaria (esp reich clothing, obviously), but the re-enactment thing I can never do- I'm not a 6 ft tall aryan. I'd look like a total poseur.
I understand the "stitch nazi" point of view- if you're gonna do an impression of ANYTHING, you should do it as accurately as possible, body type and race included. Just my opinion, though. I think the pics of you guys that do reenact are amazing- I WISH I could do it.
Why can't you?
aeros66

Post by aeros66 »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:
aeros66 wrote:
Why can't you?

I'd just feel like a poseur. Not a whole lot of (if any) soldaten in the wehrmacht forces were 5' 7" 130# oriental/ english mix mud creatures. Much less a greasy long- haired tattooed turbojugend type.
I've looked at the reenactment pics, they're cool when it looks period and authentic, but somehow, when it's overweight asians or something totally not right, it just looks farby. My jackets are farby enough :D
aeros66

Post by aeros66 »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:Wearing uniforms in public is one thing ( I don't mind at all) but wearing insignia is another. At least cover it up with a big button or something. Here's a nice one:

One's 'look' and how you carry yourself could have a lot to do with it. I just look like some rocker dude ala Lemmy from Motorhead or the guitarist from Turbojugend. Not too many "white power" assfaces are longhairs. Just a jacket with skinny jeans and vans- yeah, not too skinhead- looking.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Paulkd wrote:Image

I wear kit as part of normal clothes all the time, minky hat and fleiger bluse worn by me on Bournemouth beach last winter....

No i dont cover up any insignia...

Good lookin 40's gal (on here) wants a panzer wrap to wear as a normal jacket, she is a size 8, should be a cool look for her!

Paul,

spearhead flieger ?

Tom

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”