who makes the best Field Grey Uniforms??

Moderator: Feldjager

J.Klinsmann

who makes the best Field Grey Uniforms??

Post by J.Klinsmann »

Hi Guys

Who makes the best Field Grey Uniforms?..........is it still janke whos the best in europe?

Kind Regards

Nick
Last edited by J.Klinsmann on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Kp 1st SS PZ Div Second Battle Group

GraemeMac

Re: who makes the best Field Grey Uniforms??

Post by GraemeMac »

No complaints about ATF from me. Love my M42.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
whatthecrunchyo

Post by whatthecrunchyo »

J.Klinsmann wrote:Hi Guys

Who makes the best Field Grey Uniforms? I recently had a bespoke tailor made abortion from ATF..........is it still janke whos the best in europe?

Kind Regards

Nick
Why is the ATF uniform an "abortion?" You must have unachievable standards if that is the case.
BedsnHerts

Post by BedsnHerts »

Who makes the best Field Grey Uniforms? I recently had a bespoke tailor made abortion from ATF..........is it still janke whos the best in europe?

Kind Regards

Nick
Again?? Nine posts and five of them about expensive kit that you bought and didn't like.
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

from what ive read Janke ones have a few mistakes but thats only what ive read but if i were you i would try finding one of RAUs old polish tunic look the bees knees and a great all over
Wenn ich dumm bin, lassen sie's micht entgelten;
wenn ich recht hab, wollen sie mich schelten. Goethe
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

whatthecrunchyo wrote:

Kind Regards

Nick
Why is the ATF uniform an "abortion?" You must have unachievable standards if that is the case.

Its a very long story to be honest but would never use them again, the uniform belt hook holes are not even level back bottom hole is higher than the front lowest belt hook hole belt suspenders have only been partially finished with one hole in them so the belt hooks dont sit correctly the front skirt is sticking out and doesnt sit correctly, bear in mind that this is a bespoke made uniform or is supposed to be it resembles something that has been used to practice on stitching inside the jacket is ruched and puckered.................just shit really as for not having achieveable standards my cheapo sturm jacket is much better and fits beautifully................how would you feel? I bought some pea dot trousers from ATF they were wrong also side belt adjusters were the wrong way round and the pea dots are to small and the colouring is all wrong..........yeah ATF is good if you dont know what to look for or care about what you put on your back...........im sorry to say that it looks like the dollar rules in the US...............the age of shoddy is upon you...............its all going the same way as american cilvil war re-enacting in the states

J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

Jugend Repper wrote:from what ive read Janke ones have a few mistakes but thats only what ive read but if i were you i would try finding one of RAUs old polish tunic look the bees knees and a great all over

Cheers Jugend

I have heard that before actually Richards Polish uniforms were brilliant so Im told sadly he no longer can get hold of them, which is a great shame

J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

BedsnHerts wrote:

Kind Regards

Nick
Again?? Nine posts and five of them about expensive kit that you bought and didn't like.

Very true.........perhaps you dont mind being ripped off I do and so do quite a few others on here, unscrupulous traders annoy me they want your money but really dont give a damn, we all earn our money the hard way Im hoping that by highlighting my probs it helps others in there selection of suppliers...........

GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

My '42 from ATF is flawless - but I don't go over my tunic with a vernier to check everything is spot on. With regards to your belt hooks....do you seriously think that every tunic produced during the war had perfectly matching belt hook holes/supports, pockets, etc? Not a chance. Why does everything have to be stitch perfect and placed to the very last milimeter? It wouldn't of happened back then, why should it happen now?

Perhaps if it was a nicely tailored officers Tunic I'd worry, but otherwise.....
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

J.Klinsmann wrote:I bought some pea dot trousers from ATF they were wrong also the pea dots are to small and the colouring is all wrong.
How do you work that out?
The colours and print are copied from original samples.
feldman

Post by feldman »

..ATF Loves Stitch-Nazi´s
Retired & Armed
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Oh yeah! I hope you gave Rollin a call and informed him his tunic's are 'just shit' and his peadot colours are 'all wrong'. He likes feedback like that.
Zoepf

Post by Zoepf »

We will all be reading about you on next weeks rant.
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

Stigroadie wrote:
J.Klinsmann wrote:I bought some pea dot trousers from ATF they were wrong also the pea dots are to small and the colouring is all wrong.
How do you work that out?
The colours and print are copied from original samples.
who told yo they were coped from originals??they are made in China.........did he tell ya that...even though Rollin runs down the chinese asian imports on his website.....................he sells em........... lol ROFLMAO...........who the suckers now???
Last edited by J.Klinsmann on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

GraemeMac wrote:My '42 from ATF is flawless - but I don't go over my tunic with a vernier to check everything is spot on. With regards to your belt hooks....do you seriously think that every tunic produced during the war had perfectly matching belt hook holes/supports, pockets, etc? Not a chance. Why does everything have to be stitch perfect and placed to the very last milimeter? It wouldn't of happened back then, why should it happen now?

Perhaps if it was a nicely tailored officers Tunic I'd worry, but otherwise.....
then your lucky that your tunic is good, im happy for you........... I paid a shed load of money for badly made kit thats all im saying sorry if this offends

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”