Milpro Hats

Moderator: Pirkka

Richk98

Milpro Hats

Post by Richk98 »

Finally my milpro order came through (after 10 months of trying!) and as promised i'll put up some photos...............
first up is their Kenttälakki (Field cap) m/36 (26euros)
it's obviously used, probably in film or tv work but i like the shape (least i don't have to break it in) and the material, less course than the japanese caps from FitzElbe.

next is the Kesälakki (Summer cap) m/39 (26euros)
this is new with postwar plastic buttons on the sides which could of course be replaced if you wanted to.

regards,
rich
Rich
Royalecosse

Re: Milpro Hats

Post by Royalecosse »

looks a better copy than my US version - Milpro's version is at least lined and has a shorter beak. :lol:
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

:lol: cheaper too! but seriously it'll do until until you can get a better one. as you know i've spent a small fortune on caps, first the US one then two of the japanese ones (nothing wrong with these really except the price) until i've finally got one i'm happy with. unless you can make your own or afford to wear an original we haven't had much in the way of alternatives that i'm aware of.......

all the best,
rich
Rich
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Caps Milpro makes now are too high and of a bit wrong material so be careful if you want to buy them now! Better consult us finns first! :)
André

Post by André »

Yea, Milpro caps includes few uncorrect things. Milpro can make you a diagonal-made M/36 caps (or, if you want to be ultra-rough, same material as these summertunics) if you ask them, those are much better quality and 100% correct.
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

thanks for the heads up (so to speak) regarding the caps they produce now.
is the one i originally posted ok, i think it was an old one made for a film?
sorry, i know the whites are too white!!

regards,
rich
Rich
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Yeah your cap looks quite alright, even the material is pretty decent. Those are probably one of the Tali-Ihantala 1944 caps they made and then sold.

Return to “Finnish Discussion”