Finnish uniforms

Moderator: Pirkka

Sheikh Al Stranghi

Finnish uniforms

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Stupid question I know, but it´s a completely new subject - Where do I find repro finnish uniforms?

Cheers
Richk98

Re: Finnish uniforms

Post by Richk98 »

Where do I find repro finnish uniforms?
Can be a bit of a nightmare! Milpro/Milform in finland can make winter wool m/36 or summer tunics but it is expensive.
http://www.milpro.fi/index.cfm?action=sivu&sivu=123

i know fisto on this forum had some winter tunics made for his group but i don't know whether he would need a minimum order number?

other alternatives for summer tunics are.....
werkstattelbe in japan for summer tunic (and they will start to do winter tunics) but again this will work out expensive
http://werkstattelbe.fc2web.com/

and wiking divisioona oy in finland for summer tunics
http://www.wiking.fi/fin/suomalainenkopiomilitaria.htm

if anyone knows of any others please chip in!
Rich
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

The uniforms Fisto had made are spot on truly very nice , He is going away on a short trip to a hot spot soon so contact him fast
ImageImageImageImageImage
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

Im currently busying myself with the M36 breeches and M36 tankers leather jacket (for your parola weekend Franz ;)), and then ill go on with the great coat if I have time.

As Franz already remarked, my time is short these days.
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

I agree with Rich that Milpro seems to be the one of the better sources but e-mail contact can be a bit tenuous. I ordered my summer tunic from them and am v pleased with it. I am now trying to source a cap from them. Probably best to stick mostly with European suppliers (see previous links to m36 winter tunic) :)
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Milpro has changed hands not so long ago so things might get better ,But I will say this again Fisto has had some uniforms made and the far outstrip any repro on the market whats more the price is good . Fisto is a Collector and reenactor he is not in this to make his fortune the only down side is that he is going to a hot spot soon with the army so will be away for a few months
Take care Kamerad a picture of the winter jacket he had made
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

:P Milpro are still there - suggest e-mail followed up by telephone will do the trick. However that's great for summer tunics, trousers and hats (I presume produced for the last big film in 2007?) but winter tunic repros still difficult to source.
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

As a farewell gift, here are a couple of pictures from our recent weekend:

All tunics are my M36 copies, the breeches im wearing are 2nd generation test samples. With only slight modification, they are the model that we are accepting into service.

Toodoloo, see you in a few months time. Expect to see some info on my greatcoat project after my deployment.
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Hey everyone!

I'm from the same unit as Fisto and I am currently managing the M36 jacket and reprouniform orders that we are doing. Unfortunately right now I can't arrange orders from outside Finland. If there's enough interest, there might be a chance to order these uniforms early next year (2010). The price for a whole M36 wool uniform is something between 150 - 200 euros, without the postage. The good thing is though, that they are spot on correct.
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

:P Many thanks for your efforts. Sounds like a trip to Finland to get fitted up! Keep up the good work (and hope Fisto is OK wherever he is)
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

It's been a while now so I'll ask - any news of supply of repro winter jackets et al to those of us outside Finland? I know it's not a big market but a decent winter jacket is one of those items that is almost impossible to source! :)
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Fisto is back the end of the month will keep you posted ,
Heinz O. Kaufmann

Post by Heinz O. Kaufmann »

These uniforms are made when ordered, we placed an order of 20 jackets and 20 trousers last year, hopely they will arrive soon. There really can't be any rush with these :D
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Yeah, I was personally planning on making another order before Fisto comes back, BUT the current order has been coming for past 4 months so that sort of ruined the idea...

I would love to arrange multiple orders, but for the current order I've paid almost 3000 US dollars and still havent gotten the uniforms or the money for half the order, so it's sort of aa financial risk for me :D It's my one months salary we're talking about! :D

There will be an order arranged for UK & US people atleast, and hopefully for the Polish too.
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

:) Thanks for keeping us informed

Return to “Finnish Discussion”