jmatchlock

Re: M/36 Wool Uniform

Post by jmatchlock »

Fisto , Welcome and Thank You
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Moro Fisto I take it that you live in dear old Suomi ? You must let us know more about the Jacket
ImageImageImageImageImage
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

Yes, im a finn :)

While im not yet ready to divulge my sources for obvious reasons, I will keep you posted on the progress of the project. At present im in the process of preparing an order for the Etulinja group. This order is exclusive to people living in finland (not restricted to members of Etulinja), but after im done with it, ill make arrangements for people elsewhere. Franz: If you are resident in finland (tampere if in not mistaken) and interested in participating, give me a hollar.

About the prototype tunic:

The makers cannot supply finnish lion buttons, so we need to replace whatever buttons they initially put on with proper ones. They had three design flaws which I have already adressed in my feedback to them: The tunic was completely missing its shoulder boards (wtf?), the tunic was closed by 7 buttons instead of 6 and the sleeve cut had an exposed closure button. These will be corrected in the production model. The price for the tunics will remain a secret until I get the final order underway (mostly because it cannot be accurately estimated until then). What I can tell you about it, is that the price is significantly less than anything previously available.
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

....and he's got belt hooks n all.

So how do I tell my wife that I need another one (hopefully costing less than £300!). And trousers would be a good idea as well - my motorcycle leather trousers are the correct colour but not really wool. Still, I can wear my version in the street and no-one knows...(and please don't respond cause I know why..)
Seriously, a reasonably priced European supply of kit would be great - any chance of a Summer tunic? (tbc on the correct discussion forum)

With a father who was at Tobruk (2nd Bat Black Watch, not many survived the break out in Op Crusader) I could look at UK bits but still remain amazed at what the Finns managed (and my Grt Uncle, a Swede, was there in the Winter War) so wish to continue with the blue and white flag (and being Scottish it does make me grin to realise it's the Finnish flag I mean). Just need some kit...so keep up the good work and hope some oversupply might be offered up outside of Finland :lol:
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

Dont worry. Ive no intention of holding up on you. As I said, after I get my own guys dressed up ill arrange something for you.
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

Welcome to the forum fisto, you'll certainly have a market over here if the production tunics are as good as you say they'll be :D !
i've been looking for an original wool m/36 in a size 54 (european) for ages but obviously a repro one would be much better for reenactment.

All the best,
rich
Rich
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

I'd just like to add my welcome to Richie's, Fisto. Have you cracked the supply problem for Summer Tunic material? If you have, I would certainly be interested after the Etulinja guys have been supplied.
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

Okay people, time for some breaking news.

The final price per tunic was put at 70$, which I think is a bargain. The tunics we will have will be outfitted with period correct stampings and pre-war copper buttons. Now that I have my own guys covered I can lend you people a hand here. Heres what Id like you to do:

Organize a local order within your respective country (between 15-20 jackets). Appoint a project leader within your group who will approach me via private message. Note that you should gather the order before getting in touch with me.

I will then contact my supplier and ask him for a green light. After your order is approved, I will hand you all necessary info and you can take it from there.

P.S: Note that the jackets you get wont have the fancy buttons nore the stampings.
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

Picture from a recent event.

"Back from a recent patrol. The ruskies managed to escape however..."
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!

Return to “Finnish Discussion”