Summer M36 tunic

Moderator: Pirkka

Fisto

Re: Summer M36 tunic

Post by Fisto »

What sizes do you need?

I might be able to deal you one or two if EU size 50 fits... You do understand that im not quite comfortable dealing them outside the borders because they are sorely needed here too :)

I do have a hit on a japanese dude who makes great finnish repro summer tunics...Alas they cost heavenly.

http://werkstattelbe.fc2web.com/ladensuomi_e.html
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

I do have a hit on a japanese dude who makes great finnish repro summer tunics...Alas they cost heavenly.

http://werkstattelbe.fc2web.com/ladensuomi_e.html
He's a very pleasent guy to deal with, i have one of his wool caps which aren't bad but like you say expensive (though sadly not much choice since milpro have failed to answer any of my emails!)
very quick service too.

cheers,
rich
Rich
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

Many thanks for the link - looks great although delivery costs could be v high. sadly EU 50 size seems to be the standard size of these tunics and I have a link to a Finnish shop seeling three - in these sizes. I'm a bit bigger...

I'll also keep sending e-mails to Milpro (they replied once) and see what they are up to

:shock:
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

I tried to enquire on that M31 suomi airsoft gun but he never got back to me. Thats an old story anyway because im getting a waaaay better one done in a little while. No fiberglass for me. Its full CNC machined steel babeh.
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

Fisto -M31 suomi airsoft gun -keep us posted
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

:P Ok Milform (Milpro) has responded

"The summer tunic costs 130 euros and the postage (economy package) costs 28,35 euros. Totally price is 158,35 euros"

Anyone know if these are close to the authentic version? My reckoning is that both the Japanese supplier and KevOS4 will come out at around £260 so Milform prices seem much more competitive.
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

KevOS4 -you are going to deal with them ? Have the finnish guys find you ,in your size - a post war one ? or repro .
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Royalecosse wrote::P Ok Milform (Milpro) has responded

"The summer tunic costs 130 euros and the postage (economy package) costs 28,35 euros. Totally price is 158,35 euros"

Anyone know if these are close to the authentic version?
It's the one that I use. The material isn't quite right but it tricks the eye, which at the moment is the important thing.
Here's what it looks like, judge for yourself:
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

Looks fine in the pictures. I have yet to hear back from that Japanese site so can't tell if all is OK there. Milform have kept in contact - I might push my luck and actually ask if they can send me a photo (they confirmed size was OK) just so that I can see what I might be getting. Will keep my eyes open for those Swiss work jackets in normal sizes. Also (bit weird this) I note that Next seem to do some v military looking kit (UK stores) - could someone else have a look at the wool grey trousers they do that look like m36 pants (trousers) and let me know if these would suit the part?? (not the place I expected to pick up kit!)

Also does anyone else have a Milform Summer tunic and how does it compare to the real thing?
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

this is another of the milpro ones, like bob's....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/ ... ish033.jpg

one of the japanese caps, don't think these are too bad.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/ ... ish099.jpg

i use these trousers.... the wool is a close match to the field cap and also bob's repro wool m/36 tunic.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0040421256

regards,
rich
Rich
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

Actually the milpro tunic materially is exactly right...When comparing with the prewar tunics that were made of stronger fabric. During war time they were made of a variety of substitute materials few of which had anything to do with the original cotton. The milpro is about as accurate as they come. The only minus side are the luxurious lion buttons that fasten the pockets, shoulder boards and beltsupports. Enlisted men often had plain aluminium slab buttons in their place. I have had a milpro tunic in active use for three years now, and when I show some pictures of my gear or appear at events people often ask me if its a war time tunic. The trick is the normal wear and tear that gradually darken the material from a bright grey to brownish grey.
Oh yeah, and my tunic smells like a war time tunic too... Have never washed the smell of smoke off.

This is just a matter of opinion really, but I would remove the collar patches. Enlisted men rarely used them in the front(even if they were available in the first place), even if they were engineers. A collar like that is a target for snipers as they can mistake a collared dude for being an officer. Usually the patches were reserved for the vacation jackets.
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

:mrgreen: right Milform it is then (I already have the collar patches for infantry and artillery but will take your advice and leave them off for now).

cheers Fisto
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Yes, I think you're right, particularly as we're artillery observers now and the patches stand out even more!
(And my jacket is now a much duller colour than it was when that picture was taken, too).
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

While I remember, Fisto, were the metal rank chevrons that are worn over the collar tabs a post war thing or were they worn in wartime as well?
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

Yes they are post war. During war time all the chevrons were embroidered into the patches. The use of these patches correlate with the usage of patches in general. Usually they were reserved for professional soldiers, or the vacation jackets of enlisted men. In the field rank was shown by sewing the right amount of white fabric approx. 5mm wide on the shoulder board.
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!

Return to “Finnish Discussion”