Finnish Artillery

Moderator: Pirkka

Recce 1

Finnish Artillery

Post by Recce 1 »

Is the Finnish Army still selling any war-time artillery or is it long gone.

I remember seeing a sales catalogue from about 12 years ago which had about 100 First World War horse drawn 76mm guns in. They all appeared to be straight out of storage and in perfect condition.

I assume they all got chopped up because the only one which appeared in the UK was in the land warfare hall at Duxford.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

You missed the last sale around a month ago there was a Pac 40 and some 88 mm tools
ImageImageImageImageImage
Recce 1

Post by Recce 1 »

Thanks for the reply.

In the unlikely event anything first world war emerges from anywhere I would be interested to know. In the Finnish context this would probably be a modernized Russian 152mm, 76mm or 122mm Gun with pneumatic tyres.

Always facied having a First War Artillery piece sat in the garage. Will no doubt cost a lot to convert it back to the WW1 spec.
Hans Gowert

Re: Finnish Artillery

Post by Hans Gowert »

franz, i heard that a german stronghold on a small island near finland was discovered a couple of years ago with everything intact? this true?
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

What do you mean somthing like this
yes its from a island that was once Finnish now its classed as Russian
ImageImageImageImageImage
Recce 1

Post by Recce 1 »

You would have thought having made so much money from the recent tank sale they would want to continue.

Are you saying the other Mortars received no bids or do the Finnish army sale them at a fixed price?

Return to “Finnish Weapons and Equipment”