Finnish Tikkakoski M44

Moderator: Pirkka

pzrwest

Finnish Tikkakoski M44

Post by pzrwest »

Just curious to find out if the German Wehrmacht ever used the Finnish Tikkakoski M44 submachine gun?
Here is a picture of the weapon
sorry about the post already received an answer and looks like they didn't was also curious about the Finnish Suomi KP31 SJR Submachine Gun if they ever used these?
Franz repper

Re: Finnish Tikkakoski M44

Post by Franz repper »

Harold the Suomi was indeed used by the german troops here in Finland SS Nord had a ot of them 1 was even sent to Adolf on 27.6.1942 from Marshal Mannerheim as a present. Rumor tells that Adolf himself was shooting with that weapon afterwards trying to find the secrets of the gun because it was so famous. Finn SS Batt had several hundreds of those SUOMI MPs on use. When Finns left they gave them to the Estonian volunteers as well as the other machineguns. German troops(Mainly SS Nord) in Lapland got only 120 Suomis and When they left from Finland they used them in the Nordwind Battle ,below Nord troops using the Soumi *
I was told this by Anton our unit weapons expert also by a Nord veteran
*Suomi means Finland and konepistooli -Machine Pistol
ImageImageImageImageImage
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Are you sure that only 120 Suomi's were used by the germans up north. I do know that the swedish version was issued to norwegian volonteers in german uniform during ww2 and I had the impression it was common at least among norwegian volonteers.

And I guess the danish ones from dansk industri syndikat can only be a wet dream for all of us ;-)

Enigma
Pies

Post by Pies »

I don't think Wehrmacht got their hands on any M/44s though, as the weapon didn't actually even make it to the Lappland War, the production was only starting then.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

3042 Suomi M/31 were exported to Germany during WW2. Denmark received 33 and they made at least 1400 Suomi M/41's that ended up in german hands when their army was disarmed in October 1943. Croatia and Bulgaria also placed orders but how many were delivered and if they did not end up in german hands is an open question. Here is an excellent link for those taht wants further information:

http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/MACHINEPISTOLS1.htm

But I find it very unlikely that any M44's were used by the germans.

Return to “Finnish Weapons and Equipment”