early green smock material

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Pyotr

early green smock material

Post by Pyotr »

First, I have to confess, I have never seen a close up original FJ step in type two smock. I have never heard that they are anything other than a smock whose material is a mix of green and yellowish threads.

This smock is on German ebay, and is a converted to type three from a type 2. This is a close of of the material- it looks here (to me anyway) to be a solid greenish color.

So, were smocks always mixed thread colors? Is this one simply too old, camera too poor, monitor too out of order to show it?

Love to hear what people know about this.

http://www.ebay.at/itm/Knochensack-Luft ... CA:AT:1123

thanks
Patrick
Jaws

Re: early green smock material

Post by Jaws »

I would need more pics of this, the material doesn't look like the ones i've seen in books (German paratroops by Robert Kurz) but it is old and dirty so it might affect the material.

I'm wondering if this is one of the old 1980's "Dutch overall" conversions that were done before the more readily chinese made smocks became available?

Regards,

Gary
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

It does appear to have the yellow fleck material, but hard to see due to dirt and wear. But this has now been successfully copied, its hard to judge from these pics but zipper and studs look good.
Rob Sellers

Post by Rob Sellers »

its 100% original jump smock though a little shagged out :) ...to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear would be an understatement,to attempt a reasonable restoration would I feel leave you some what frustrated to say the least....I believe this smock was discussed on WAF,the owner is a new member on there.....

Best

Rob

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”