Jump boots!any ideas on suppliers?

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Hans Gowert

Re: Jump boots!any ideas on suppliers?

Post by Hans Gowert »

cckw-353 wrote:...Sturm Side Lace boots will be available from week 22 on! Unfortunately so far no one has published pictures...Price wise they are in the same region as the 2nd pattern boots! Looking forward to seeing them since the currently available ones can only be worn by people wit the elephant foot syndrome...

The ones from ZIP look ok on the upper side but the sole is not quite what I would like to see!

cheers
Uwe

i wonder what research sturm has done on there boot, really cant wait to see a picture , hope they get the length and the width of the ankle correct atleast.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i bought a pair of those zb boots just to see what they are like.

well, you get what you pay for ..........not much cop. ill post some pics up soon
KB Martinsen

Post by KB Martinsen »

Hans Gowert wrote:i bought a pair of those zb boots just to see what they are like.

well, you get what you pay for ..........not much cop. ill post some pics up soon
How disappointing! I'm sorry I posted about them now..... :oops:
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i would of bought them anyway bud, time would only tell when i came accross them :)

I spend alot of money on kit , just to see what it is like so other people can benefit from my opinion or experience. I am thinking of doing a FJ kit website for Fj reenactors like a review site as i have a varied collection of kit from lots of vendors.

So dont feel bad :) im glad i bought them tbh,

Tom
theduke335

Post by theduke335 »

I have both type 1 and type 2 boots (type 1 I can get in brown or black) for $98USD
Hoover

Post by Hoover »

Few weeks ago I had the chance to take a closer look on the ZIB-Jump Boots. Well, 100 €.

I had a very bad feeling with them. Very thin, odd looking "leather" (maybe artifical leather? Bad quality).
The soles are...German word "katastrophal".

I have my SMW-sidelacers, and I am quite pleased with them. I hope I will get the Sturm boots with the first batch they are selling.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

yes very odd, very much like a cardboard type effect as it scars very easily and the soles come apart without you wearing them :)

i dont rate SMW ones either, just wrong in every sence, am waiting to see these sturm ones now after all the talk
cckw-353

Post by cckw-353 »

Hello everybody

The new Sturm Boots are available now! I received a pair last week...Here are the first pictures and impressions. The boots uppers are very nicely made, heavy and strong pebbled leather like the originals. The soles are another matter though. the whole sole construction is rather thin, even though solid, and seems to be glued on only! I can't comment on how they wear yet since they run super small this time! I can hardly get into them even though I wear 42 1/2 normally! I will bring them to the cobbler later to get an expert's opinion on the sole construction. I will keep you posted...

cheers
Uwe

Hoover

Post by Hoover »

Hi Uwe,

thanks for the pics. I will add them to my next order. But I don´t like the look of the soles yet.
Are the boots comparable to the 2nd type boots from Sturm in terms of quality? (My boots lasted 6 month under wear in rough conditions).
cckw-353

Post by cckw-353 »

...can't say anything about the wearing qualities right now since they are too small for me! The upper leather is of a very strong quality, the sole construction looks flimsy and only glued on...I will get a bigger pair and then try them...

cheers
Uwe
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

a cobblers nail gun will sought out the sole problem
feldman

Post by feldman »

New reproduction German Paratrooper boots
http://www.atthefront.com/german/footwe ... boots.html
Retired & Armed
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

feldman wrote:New reproduction German Paratrooper boots
http://www.atthefront.com/german/footwe ... boots.html

no, they are not feldman. They have been around for a while, made in the same place as sturm and are basically sturm boots plus and minus a few minute details.

They are made the same way so they will last you , hmmm about 5 events ? maybe 6 , cant remember when mine packed up.
feldman

Post by feldman »

ive just copied "New reproduction German Paratrooper boots" from the website. So they will not last longer ? im using a lot of my stuff in private, so that says the boots will hold for a month max ? i ordered my copies from R.A.Underwood and i will receive them soon.
Retired & Armed
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

mine lasted 6 months , soles started to come away and the right heel came off

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”