Work in progres ... Tamiya 1:35 DAK Sd.Kfz.232 and Panther

Panzer Wittman

Work in progres ... Tamiya 1:35 DAK Sd.Kfz.232 and Panther

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Evening Cameraden,
I'm posting a couple of nearly completed Tamiya AFVs - their 1:35 DAK Sd.Kfz.232 and Panther tank. I'm posting now for two reasons - firstly i've got a raft of new work in so i have no idea when i'll actually get to finish them (iff ever), and secondly i've a real hankering to move to wwii figure/bust painting for a new challenge.
Both models have Tamiya's excellent detail and build quality, with very little clean up and filling required. They were each mainly painted with Tamiya acrylics through an Awata eclipse airbrush.
The DAK armoured car was given a base of dark grey, then dark yellow on top. Rust/wear was achieved with burnt umber oil paint and a few different dry brushed colours. Still to add are the tools, arial kit and general dust/sand.
The Tiger was again started with dark grey as a pre-shade. This was followed all over with standard late-war dark yellow, and the red/brown and olive added over the top. Again, burnt umber oil was used for rust with other dry brushed colours. Still to do are the wheel edges, tracks, major mud/grime and some tools. For both vehicles these will be done with a mix of paint, oils and mig pigments.
I'll post if and when completed and based-up. If not, i'll post any first attempts at figure/bust work.
Hope you enjoy
Wittman
Attachments
DAK.jpg
DAK.jpg (3.93 KiB) Viewed 4396 times
panther.JPG
panther.JPG (67.54 KiB) Viewed 4396 times
dog green 1

Re: Work in progres ... Tamiya 1:35 DAK Sd.Kfz.232 and Panther

Post by dog green 1 »

Nice work.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"