Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
Halle

Re: Front Historical Society "Regiment 24 Danmark"

Post by Halle »

Superb pictures as always gentlemen :D
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Re: Front Historical Society "Regiment 24 Danmark"

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Fantastic pictures! I really does look like your unit has some history!

The Nyvang event, is that at a historical town or was it modified for the event?
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Halle

Re: Front Historical Society "Denmark"

Post by Halle »

Those really are excellent pictures gentlemen , both German and Russian impressions are pretty near perfect in my opinion - well done ! :D
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Hustedt

Post by Hustedt »

March 27th to 30th we had a field event. Our main focus was to educate newcomers and the Kameradschaft.

The newcomers were issued with whatever clothing available (hence mixed Feldgrau and Erbsentarn during education).

Link to our album: http://fronthistoriskforening.dk/galler ... marts.html

A few shots:

Preparing the education...

Filling out Soldbücher..

Listening to the Zugführer!
Stefan1944

Post by Stefan1944 »

Great portrayals and pictures - very realistic and top notch...

Is there much public sensitivity or hostility with portraying WSS in Denmark?
Hustedt

Post by Hustedt »

Stefan1944 wrote:Great portrayals and pictures - very realistic and top notch...

Is there much public sensitivity or hostility with portraying WSS in Denmark?
Thank you Stefan!

As to your question.. My experience is that it varies a lot. Some museums allow us to wear SS uniforms, some don't. Those who don't are afraid of the public and especially the press.

In 2009 I attended a public show in Denmark wearing full SS uniform with runic insignia and Totenkopf. At that event I had quite a lot of nice conversations with army personel to civilians (being mothers as well) and even a former resistance fighter. I especially remember my chat with the former resistance fighter, whom I recognized as being resistance fighter immediately (he was wearing a VERY typical pin needle). He walked straight towards me, looked at me and then began asking me about the weapons and the uniform I was wearing. We had a nice talk for about 20 minutes or so before he shook my hand and thanked me for telling him all the things - then he left.

At no time I have been confronted with questions regarding Holocaust or other nazi related things. Some times 10 people have been listening to my words as I told about the Danes on the Eastern Front (not many here know about it, you see). People oftenly greet me with scepsis - but end up asking technical questions and finally thanking me for telling all this, leaving the comment "Where can I read more about all this??".

To sum it all up: During my 5 years of reenacting, no one have never ever, ever questioned me face to face or critized what I wore. Simple as that. I don't know if I'm just lucky or if I tell the right things.. But what I do apparently works! :)

Only negative comments have sadfully been said behind my back by other reenactors - but that's apparently typical in the reenactment community. Some people lack the balls to say what they mean face to face.

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”