Styrian Gaiters

Moderator: les hearn

rednas

Re: Styrian Gaiters

Post by rednas »

Does anyone know if there are reproductions of these type of gaiters available?
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

rednas wrote:Does anyone know if there are reproductions of these type of gaiters available?
Nope, Ive never heard of any reproductions of those been made.
War, war never changes...

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR
1.GD Blumenteufel

Post by 1.GD Blumenteufel »

My Orginal "Steyr Gamaschen" :twisted: ................................................
Attachments
016.JPG
016.JPG (25.19 KiB) Viewed 12573 times
006.JPG
006.JPG (29.45 KiB) Viewed 12573 times
rednas

Post by rednas »

Very nice, how much do originals cost?
1.GD Blumenteufel

Post by 1.GD Blumenteufel »

Original Steyr Gamaschen i godt condition are hard to find. The price at ebay is at least 250 Euro. And I think the price at traders is much higher now.
Gamaschen have diffrent sizes: I smal (klein), II medium (mittel), III large (gross)

Gebirgsjegerreenactment is not for fancy guys and other amateurs. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
rednas

Post by rednas »

But it's not for Gebirgsjäger reenactment :wink:
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

rednas wrote:But it's not for Gebirgsjäger reenactment :wink:
LOL

I would like also a pair and I know someone I know would also like one. also not for GJ re-enactment :wink:
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
crewer

Post by crewer »

rednas wrote:Does anyone know if there are reproductions of these type of gaiters available?
I am opening this very old thread just to let you know that gaiters are available as a repro in Czech republic, you can find them here: http://www.rytir.org

I would like to open it as well as I am trying to find more info regarding use of the gaiters in Heer, not in SS. I would swear to god I saw a few photos with Heer wearing theese. Photos on page one of this thread are deleted already. Don't you guys have some? Or am I completely wrong?

Thanks.
Halle

Post by Halle »

I'll see if I can dig some out...

Regarding the link you posted, I'm afraid my Czech language skills are non existent, any chance you could post a direct link ?

Thanks..
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
crewer

Post by crewer »

Halle wrote:I'll see if I can dig some out...

Regarding the link you posted, I'm afraid my Czech language skills are non existent, any chance you could post a direct link ?

Thanks..
Actually he doesn't have an e-shop and the website is sooooo oldschool, so there is no direct link. You can find only one picture of it when you click in the left sided menu on "Německo" under "2. světová válka" then scroll down or find "Horské spinky". Or you can take a phone and give him a call, he speaks english.

I spoke with him last week as I need them too and he said he has a loooot of work and he has long waiting terms as he is finishing some work for foreign customer. So I will have to wait a couple of months to get them. But I need them from him because nobody produce them in this quality, which is TOP. He has great material, great stitches, completely comparable with the original ones.

He also said he has new website under construction, but he has way too much work that it will cause longer terms :)

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”