MP40's

dog green 1

MP40's

Post by dog green 1 »

Will be placing an order shortly for more of the all metal MP40's. £95.00 Anyone who might be interested in pre-booking one please drop me a PM. I know some of you contacted me when I placed the for sale add a while ago.

Cheers

Chris
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Just curious about the VCR bill you have there in the UK... If a person didn't belong to a recognized re-enacting unit and they possessed a replica, or non gun, or a blank fire weapon before the new law came into effect are they allowed to keep them? or are they required to turn them in?
Here in Canada "replica" firearms or any other toy or weapon that resembles a real firearm in size and color are concidered "replicas" and are prohibited since Dec1 1998. BUT if you possessed the "replica" prior to that date you may keep it BUT you may not lend, sell, or give the "replica" away. Also you may not alter or modify a "Replica" to fire blanks, that can get you 10 years to re-think the errors of your ways in the Crowbar Hotel as a guest of the Government
Last edited by pzrwest on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

They can keep them, Harold. Only the sale, import and manufacture is affected. The person you are selling to, or making for, must have a defence or exemption to the new act in order to aquire.
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Thanks Baggypants I was re-editing my post while you were answering me.
So it is possible to make a private behind doors sale or trade and just say you owned it before the VCR bill came into effect right? Provided you know the seller or buyer and can trust each other
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Unless the person you were trading it to had a defence or exemption, you would be breaking the law. If you gave/sold/swapped it with a person you knew to be a member of a bonafide group with the required PLI insurance, or someone you could show had another legitimate defence or exemption, that would be no problem.
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

I know all about the legal aspect I was refering to non legal. How do they know who owns what. Do they require everyone who possess a "replica" to register that they possess one?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Fraid we can't and won't discuss anyhthing which circumvents the VCR Bill Harold - Wouldn't do on such a public medium which IS monitored by the Home Office etc.

Sorry mate - we know where you're going and yes it will be very difficult to police - But we can't and won't advocate anyone doing as such.... :wink:
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

I understand completely Paul and I do not advocate anyone doing anything illegal. I'm just wondering when they intoduce a new law or bill if they realy put any thought into how they will implement it. This must be a real headache for law enforcement. But as you know new laws will not stop criminals people will always find ways to get around the law and who really suffers???.... the honest everyday law abiding person.
When they instituted the registry of all firearms here in Canada I had visions of the criminal elements lining up to register their ilegal firearms
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

You're right of course Harold.

This Bill (VCR) has been designed fundamentally to make it more difficult for the irresponsible element and the criminal element to legitimately get hold of replicas and imitations.

When drafting any legislation you immediately open up loopholes that were not there before. This has been done.

We are finding that we can still purchase what we want/need with relatively little or no problem - we just have to take a few extra steps to do so.

Only last night I purchased an AEP online - I furnished the information they require and this morning I get confirmaton saying my order will be dispatched on Monday and thanking me for my business and professional approach.

No problem... :lol:
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Basically that is how we get around the "Replica" clasification on airsoft weapons here. The airsoft community is policeing it's self. Most dealers require you belong to Airsoft Canada and have been verified. Verification must be in person with a verifier. You must be able to prove to the verifier that you are who you say you are and prove that you are 18 or over. On their website the forsale section is blocked from those who haven't been verified. This seems to be working out fine with little or no interference from the authorities.
missyd

Re: MP40's

Post by missyd »

dog green 1 wrote:Will be placing an order shortly for more of the all metal MP40's. £95.00 Anyone who might be interested in pre-booking one please drop me a PM. I know some of you contacted me when I placed the for sale add a while ago.

Cheers

Chris
I just returned from the Novegro Militalia fair with a full metal MP40 ....
The cost was 150EURO. :wink:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
The Sorrow

Post by The Sorrow »

Are these any good, for shows.. do they look like there originals, ya know
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire." - Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

http://www.frundsberg.co.uk
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

The Sorrow wrote:Are these any good, for shows.. do they look like there originals, ya know
They could do with having the fire selector removed and weathering a bit to look a little aged but both jobs are easily achieved. Know quite a few guys that use them whilst at events
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

But not loaded and not with batteries in!!!! Otherwise some of us will be bringing hicaphopup maddness to bring it under control!!!!!!

(we won't really - but the thought is mouthwatering!)
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

The Sorrow wrote:Are these any good, for shows.. do they look like there originals, ya know
Tha was the reason for buying mine :wink: and they are just the job for what you want it for 8)

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP

Return to “WWII Airsoft”