petition of airsoft manufacturrers-MP44 here soon!!! hurrah!

petition of airsoft manufacturrers-MP44 here soon!!! hurrah!

Post by 146 »

Hi all,

from myself i think that the future for private battles may well lay with airsoft ww2 i dont know if anyone else agrees but i think that it would be good, however there are big limitations on what ww2 weaponry is available.

has anyone with any clout in this field approached the manufacturers to produce more ww2 weapons i am sure that they would sell well! i know that i would buy an MP44 nd a PPsh41 straight away! it seems that you can buy an M16 in so many variations that you will never keep up- why not one readily available MP44?

i have scoured the internet for ww2 airsoft weapons and have found thompsons mp40's k98's and some pistols are there more?

sorry to ramble and i am sure that there is more information out there and i would like to support airsoft ww2 more if there was more diversity with the weapons also i have noticed the cost of airsoft weapons are dropping all the time like the chinese clones (or is more on the horizon?)

best regards,

Lee
Last edited by 146 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'when you take off one uniform there is always another underneath'
Wolfie

Re: petition of airsoft manufacturrers

Post by Wolfie »

There are Stg44s available. They're "classic airsoft" and run on compressed air systems.

Beware of the "clones". Remember, you get what you pay for.
"He was a fighter in every way, he lived and breathed action"

Heinz

Post by Heinz »

As Wolfie points out Stg44's are out there, and manufactured by Shoei. Sadly they dont make that many in a batch, plus, being a "classic" Airsoft they are externally powered by either CO2 or HPA - yes, that means a hose and gas bottle. However, a Korean company are working in conjunction with Shoei to produce a limited edition of Stg44's fitted with an AEG gearbox, price wise, it will be bloody expensive.

Something that might interest both re-enactors and Airsofters is that yesterday WE (A Taiwanese manufacturer) released their full metal Lugers available in 4", 6" & 8" barrels. Prices, HK side, are around the $110 mark. God knows what they will be when they find their way over here. But, thats pretty cheap for a holster filler with a working toggle action.

OK, off the top of my head, list of WW2 weapons and their manufacturers that are currently available (sometimes, a bit of searching involved)

Tanaka:

Kar98 (gas)
G33 (gas)
Lugers in 4, 6 & 8" (gas)
Browning Hi Power (gas)
Japanese Type 99 (gas)

Maruzen:
P38 (gas)
PPK (gas)

TOP:
MP40 (AEG)

Cyma:
Thompson (AEG)

AGM:
MP40 (AEG)

Boyi (D-boys):
Kar 98 (spring)

Tokyo Marui:
Thompson (AEG)

Marushin:
M1 Garand (gas)
MP40 (gas)
M712 Broomhandle (gas)

HFC:
M712 Broomhandle (gas)

VFC:
BAR (AEG)

WE:
Lugers in 4, 6 & 8"
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

There is a new MP44 AEG likely to be out sometime this year, which is a combined project between Shoei and a korean company.
The Sorrow

Post by The Sorrow »

I don't think you can beat the real thing, to me airsoft guns just don't look real enough.
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire." - Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

http://www.frundsberg.co.uk
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

The Sorrow wrote:I don't think you can beat the real thing, to me airsoft guns just don't look real enough.
Wouldn't say that.

"He was a fighter in every way, he lived and breathed action"

BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

The Sorrow wrote:I don't think you can beat the real thing, to me airsoft guns just don't look real enough.
Don't know what pieces of crap you've been looking at, but the airsoft weapons we use are carbon copies of the real deal. Weight and feel are correct. I think you might be thinking of the cheap plastic springers, mate :wink:

PS - Like the Magpul stock on the CQB M4, Wolfie. I put a Magpul CTR one on my M4A1. Far better than the standard Colt LE jobby :)
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

The MP44 AEG have been released at Dentrinityshop, for 980$. It's labeled 'Ultima' the same company that also made/makes the MG42 and MG3 AEG.

More expensive than the original shoei MP44 AEG (500$ kit, 750$ full gun), but on the other hand the US$ is much lower than back then, so i guess t's the same in the end :)

The "You get what you pay for" is far from being true when it comes to the airsoft market. Japanese made guns are made by workers that have a very high salary. The chinese companies have a much smaller expense on the manufacturing, which is the key to the low prices. Imagine what orange juice would cost if it was produced locally in a country like Britan ;)
I'm extremely impressed with the new companies from China in no more than 2 years they have catched up woth companies like Marui, and in some fields even surpassed them.
Of course all is not just good, and the QC from some of the companies have been a bit low, but also in this field it seems that they have made good improvments. A guy on my teams purchased a JG M16 to see how good they were, it's running 400fps in stock form, and have so far had around 50.000 rounds through it, without being opened up. That's not too bad i think :)
Weissmann

Post by Weissmann »

I own a couple of AEG Shoei MP44's. Both are electric (AEG)

One has an upraded TM AK gearbox, also has a ZF4 Scope rail, original WWII rear stock and original WWII front plate. Its in used/battle contdition and looks and works great. I have also got one Hi-Cap magazine for it (converted from an original WWII MP44 mag !)

The other Shoei MP44 I have looks though its never been used in a skirmish.Its mint ! I assume it has the original gearbox that Shoei used at the time of manufacture.

Ive owned both for approx 6 years - not sure when they were made.

Both are in the Shoei boxes with paperwork.....

I'm looking for an MG42 next ! :)
A Proud Member of the Second Battle Group.
http://www3.mistral.co.uk/sbg1/
von karl

Post by von karl »

Try this one pal...You'll love this!!

http://www.ww2airsoft.com/
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL
von bock

Post by von bock »

Toyko Marui and Classic Army i have been told are the best airsoft AEG manufactures but i dont think Classic army make any WWII guns
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

TM and CA make solid kit (well, the recent CA stuff is solid :lol: )

The only WW2 shooters made by either of these two companies are TM's Thompson and 1911. CA don't make any WW2 gear.
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Wolfie - Love the M4 8)

I think seeing as modern guns are largely plastic - its a lot esier to make them look right. And the real versions are so expencive that Models/Airsoft are a much more inviting prospect (For the collection ) than they are if you have the option to get a real one.

The thing that would put me off buying one - Is the technology - it changes - like computers and phones - so if you buy top of the range now - in a couple of years it'll be considered crap and you need the new one. When I buy weoponry I want to be able to tick it of the list "got one - sorted!!" I dont want to have to replace it repeatedly :(
Gliderinf / Luftlande
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

I have a H&K G36C has 2 lasers red and green ACOG and drum mag

It does look good does it not?

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Gliderinf wrote:Wolfie - Love the M4 8)

I think seeing as modern guns are largely plastic - its a lot esier to make them look right. And the real versions are so expencive that Models/Airsoft are a much more inviting prospect (For the collection ) than they are if you have the option to get a real one.

The thing that would put me off buying one - Is the technology - it changes - like computers and phones - so if you buy top of the range now - in a couple of years it'll be considered crap and you need the new one. When I buy weoponry I want to be able to tick it of the list "got one - sorted!!" I dont want to have to replace it repeatedly :(
Les
Basically that's what you CAN do. Gearboxes, motors etc. will improve I suppose but remember - your'e not actually buying a firearm per se. What you're buying is a brass tube, a motor, a gearbox and a piston arrangement that feeds and spits out little plastic balls..... The mechanism in all of them is fundamentally the same - They are all the same calibre and limited tot he approximately same FPS etc. BB weight varies..... brass tube (Sorry - barrel) length varies...... Sighting systems can be swapped around but they are accessories..... Mags are spring or clockwork (some drums are electric) and bingo. The outer casings are cosmetic and there to sell the guns on aesthetic lines. Chinese Clones etc. are getting better in terms of quality of build and reliability so it's much a muchness mate. I'd recommend pitching in - even an old fatty like me gets a buzz out of it. I'm off this Sunday for a modern kickabout - gets me out, mix with a different crowd and listen to a different banter......

I'm using a Classic Army M4 as said and also a TM HKG36C. Electric Glock 18 and a HKMP7 plus somewhere kicking about I got a Springer Sniper Rifle MP007 and a TOP MP40 which hasn't seen much action. When those MP44s arrive I think I got to get me one o dem!!!!!!

Return to “WWII Airsoft”