new boy on the block

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
jminffordd

new boy on the block

Post by jminffordd »

Iam trying tyo a join a fallshirmjager re-enactment group, as i live in mid wales does any one know of one close or am i just going to have to travel. Does any one know an email for the fallshirmager 39-45 as i have tried to contact them via the address on their web site and cant get any answer. Any info would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks
Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: new boy on the block

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Hi mate welcome to the forum, most groups are not area specific and have members from all over the country.
In any case you will have to travel since events take place once again all over the country with the main two being in Kent.
I am sure someone from fallshirmager 39-45 will pick up on this thread and contact you, there is several of them on here.

Cheers now
Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Good point, what is Manny T's name on here? Does he even visit anymore?
Found it, pm 'matelot'. He helps run the group.
Go to members, click the 'name begins with' box on top left, click M and he's on the second page.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Cheers Sig coudnt remember the name to post mate.
If you get no joy with that group there is several other FJ groups all of whom have representatives on here. So some one will i am sure come up with a group for you to join.

Hope you dont mind a little advice but dont plough ahead buying loads of kit untill you know which group you are going to join and then follow there dress regs otherwise you will end up paying out good cash for a load of stuff that is either not correct for the impression you are doing or not be able to use it because the unit dress regs does not allow it.

Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

It's a good choice though, FJR39-45, good group, good guys with excellent standards. Manny will sort you out, very friendly and helpful.
As Dave says, getting in contact with a group in your early endeavours within the hobby will pay off in many ways. There is lots of kit that 'looks like' but isn't really right. I'm sure we have all bought the odd bit from time to time only to find out later it's not really correct. Curbing the desire to get everything as quickly as possible, as cheaply as possible, really can save you money long term.
A units kit list will show you what you might need to buy and what you dont need. The support offered by the group often means that bits you dont have can be loaned to you until you get what you want.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Dont for get our dear Sidshow bob another FJ guy
ImageImageImageImageImage
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Don't worry, i'm still here!! Just up to my eyes with work..... :shock: :evil:

Anyway, thanks for the kind words lads. :wink:

PM me, and we'll have a chat. We in FJ39-45 tend to cover ALL periods and theatres that saw the Fallschirmjaeger deployed, between 1939-1945. Our members come from all over the UK,Scotland,West Country, Midlands.So, travelling would be a factor we all experience..

So, send me a PM and i'll see what i can do for you.

Manny
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

And if Luftwaffe FJ isn't your thing, Waffen-SS Fallschirmjäger do still recrute :mrgreen:

Olivier
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

blatent plug :roll: :roll:

:P:P

Tom
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

jminffordd wrote:Iam trying tyo a join a fallshirmjager re-enactment group, as i live in mid wales does any one know of one close or am i just going to have to travel. Does any one know an email for the fallshirmager 39-45 as i have tried to contact them via the address on their web site and cant get any answer. Any info would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks
Thanks for your help guys, I am now in contact with jminffordd and he will hopefully be adding to the ranks of FJ 39-45.

Paul

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”