Pet hates?

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Hoffman Grink

Re: Pet hates?

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Are you sure that shouldn't read
"Re-enactment, the scourge of forums"? :)
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

JDR wrote:Forums the scourge of reenactment

well considering forums were invented before re-enactment... i blame re-enactment.
JDR

Post by JDR »

grenadier181 wrote:
JDR wrote:Forums the scourge of reenactment

well considering forums were invented before re-enactment... i blame re-enactment.
Should i say Re-enactment internet forum :roll:

When i 1st started out in the hobby there were no internet forums beleive it or not we spoke and chatted at shows :lol:
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
Rodian

Post by Rodian »

Some of my pet hates:

1. Thinking a Soviet M69 uniform is a M43 Gymastroika and using those nasty rubberised soviet belts for your "impression". I've seen this so many times in SA reenacting, it's just plain stupid :evil:

2. Being told by those cheapo-reenactors to buy those real crappy (and don't forget CHEAP) jackboots made in China...because, "It's so much better than paying for an expensive pair that looks the same" :roll:

3. Blinged-out-to-hell Erbsenmuster uniforms, with officer's tresse, shoulderboards and everything else except the kitchen sink.

4. Having guys telling you to "get insignia for your undershirt" :shock:

5. The public doing Hitler salutes at you because they think they're funny or that you like them doing it.

6. Cooler boxes, modern tents that are so brightly coloured a blind man couldn't miss them and guys enjoying a bit too much brandy and coke.

7. Having a full beard while portraying regular Heer.

8. Using un-converted East German tunics.

9. Painting any old APC RAL 6006 and thinking it will pass for a halftrack even though it only has wheels. :lol:

10. Using SADF boots and gaiters.

Want proof? Some of the above mentioned pet hates can be seen in these links.

http://www.military-heritage.com/event- ... ossa-2011/
http://www.military-heritage.com/event- ... -tac-2011/
crossofiron

Post by crossofiron »

Rodian wrote:Some of my pet hates:

1. Thinking a Soviet M69 uniform is a M43 Gymastroika and using those nasty rubberised soviet belts for your "impression". I've seen this so many times in SA reenacting, it's just plain stupid :evil:

2. Being told by those cheapo-reenactors to buy those real crappy (and don't forget CHEAP) jackboots made in China...because, "It's so much better than paying for an expensive pair that looks the same" :roll:

3. Blinged-out-to-hell Erbsenmuster uniforms, with officer's tresse, shoulderboards and everything else except the kitchen sink.

4. Having guys telling you to "get insignia for your undershirt" :shock:

5. The public doing Hitler salutes at you because they think they're funny or that you like them doing it.

6. Cooler boxes, modern tents that are so brightly coloured a blind man couldn't miss them and guys enjoying a bit too much brandy and coke.

7. Having a full beard while portraying regular Heer.

8. Using un-converted East German tunics.

9. Painting any old APC RAL 6006 and thinking it will pass for a halftrack even though it only has wheels. :lol:

Want proof? Some of the above mentioned pet hates can be seen in this link.

http://www.military-heritage.com/event- ... ossa-2011/
that link was so very unkind!!! but GOD i nearly wet myself, one of the battle pics, it looks like theyre slapping each other :D

ahem, anyway no more laughing at other "groups"

max
gebirgs soldat

Post by gebirgs soldat »

German re-enactors yelling out commands in English! Ruins the movie experience.
"Alte Soldaten Sterben Nicht" - "Old Soldiers Never Die"

Walter Ritter
4te Kompanie, 98th GJR
California Historical Group (CHG)
L.A., California
Gren.Johannes

Post by Gren.Johannes »

Hi there ,
My pet hates of re-enacting ........

People whom in " real" life having the most mundane of jobs and then at weekends commanding armies thinking they are real officers ect. Happens in all avenues of re-enacting

No tolerance of other people no matter their size , age ect .

Half and half dressing ...again very common in re-enacting ( when Joe public is about)

Many german ww2re-enactors not speaking the most basic of german

German ww2 re enactors who just look grim all bloody day , they did smile and laugh you know

And in reply to the earlier post of " not liking fat re-enactors " , there were in fact fat german soldiers in ww2 , I have a original picture of one .

J
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

most people have mundane jobs

when you say size do you mean stumpy or thin or tall or fat?

Reenacting is full of people pretending to be someone else thats why its called reenacting

I have no problem with half dressed members of the public

I AM a miserable bastard

Define "fat nazi"? someone who is fat and a "nazi" or someone who is thin and a "nazi" and looks down their nose at fat ones?
hansritter

Post by hansritter »

Topics that go on too long and Topics that are self defeating.
Feldgendarmerie Hauptfeldwebel Johann Ritter.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

and Dogs called Snooky.
SplinterB

Post by SplinterB »

gebirgs soldat wrote:German re-enactors yelling out commands in English! Ruins the movie experience.
FJR Hubner had hand picked English speakers used to confuse allied pickets and patrols. So us shouting English makes sence :)
hansritter

Post by hansritter »

And Topics that have all the nuts down one end
Feldgendarmerie Hauptfeldwebel Johann Ritter.
THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER.

Post by THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER. »

Mikkel wrote:
Chorlitz|12.SS| wrote:Chinese uniforms
Because?
Chorlitz|12.SS| wrote:Enlisted men with sholder board on SS peas pattern
Yes this was neeever ever seen..or wait, it was :P
You DO know the complete story of the dot pattern uniforms ?
Bobby Woll- one of the most famous Tiger Gunners of all time wore shoulder boards on his m44 tunic. do your homework son. [chorlitz]
He was Michael Wittmann's Gunner. he also was a knights cross and Ironcross 1st class holder.
Attachments
bobby woll.jpeg
bobby woll.jpeg (11.32 KiB) Viewed 4407 times
THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER.
3kp 1 pz div.LSSAH.

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

I would suggest that YOU unknown soldier do your home work ! It was against regulations for Shoulder boards with Pea dot I have posted them so many time on this forum yet very few bother to read them .
THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER. wrote: You DO know the complete story of the dot pattern uniforms ?
Bobby Woll- one of the most famous Tiger Gunners of all time wore shoulder boards on his m44 tunic. do your homework son. [chorlitz]
He was Michael Wittmann's Gunner. he also was a knights cross and Ironcross 1st class holder.
And another point you have to all the grades of Ironcross to get the Knights cross
ImageImageImageImageImage
THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER.

Post by THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER. »

cheers Franz,
but the germans weren't the best soldiers when it came to obeying regulations!
plenty of evidence of that mate.Even Josef Dietrich ignored Hitlers orders for the LAH to remove their titlecuffs. so to be accurate, some regulations will be ignored as they were in reality.
the point i'm making is that, despite the regulations,they were at times ignored, and thats the reality of it all. otherwise there would not be any evidence of it happening, i proved it by producing the photo of Bobby Woll's disregard to the regulations. so don't jump down my throat mate. i'm just revealing the truth of what happened in reality. :mrgreen:
THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER.
3kp 1 pz div.LSSAH.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”