Combat dealers

Moderator: Pirkka

ssparatrooper

Combat dealers

Post by ssparatrooper »

Gents

Just to bring your attention to a new show on discovery quest with lots of interesting vehicles and military stuff, combat dealers follows Bruce Crompton and his team from Axis track services over six episodes with lots of familiar faces and interesting bit of kit!

Screening on 30th April 2200 hrs on Quest

http://www.worldscreen.com/worldscreeni ... play/13286

Follow the link to see more cheers

KK
ssparatrooper

Re: Combat dealers

Post by ssparatrooper »

Tonight 2200 hrs

See some familiar faces and some ugly ones!
Halle

Post by Halle »

Although the subjects ( Schwimwagen mainly ) were interesting , the programme was mostly embarrassing .. :oops:
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

I enjoyed it for what it was, a bit of entertainment.

The big well dressed chap that seemed to know not alot about much didn't do any it any favours.....
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

It's a tv show not a documentary

The bloke owns a 7 million pound collection of original german vehicles most of you would never get the chance to see any of the things he gets up to or the places he goes or the stuff in his collection.

It's showing what we like and do in a good light (a non political light) and stuff you are interested in

Coming up are trips to overloon the biggest german military vehicle meet in Europe for original german vehicles, parachuting into Normandy where one of the blokes breaks his fucking back (you can't reenact a parachute jump) a 3 ton flak (the only one left in the world) being found in Germany, firing live mg34 from the original remote mount on the hetzer jp38t and much much more

I suppose you have all seen that das reich schwimmer before?

Fellas don't watch it you are free to watch eastenders or x factor or whatever you like

It's a bit of fun involving things you like and places you go or don't german reenactors like original german vehicles?
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

I wasnt saying it was shite or I didnt enjoy it.

I did enjoy it, and will be watching the next episode.
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

:lol: History,humour,mongs and militaria,what more could you want!.Bruce is quite knowledgeable,in 1994 I got to travel with Bruce as we took Piepers route through the Ardennes and a commentary from him on the different places and events of the time.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Stefan1944

Post by Stefan1944 »

Watched Combat Dealers last night as a family.

Kids loved it and even the Mrs thought it was great entertainment - especially when she realised there was a multi-millionaire involved and she might get a peek at his house and partner etc....

I also thought the historical content was really interesting and very well presented in the entertaining laddish style of Top Gear...

Loved the schwimmwagen feature and to discover an original Das Reich Type 166 in a Normandy farmers barn - wow, stuff of dreams..... :o

Even the Harley motorcycle feature was interesting....

Combat Dealers gets a big thumbs up from our family....

Can't wait for next episodes... :D
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Glad you enjoyed it

Like I said its a bit of fun that might do our hobby a favour and provide a bit of information so people get interested and look further into military history/collecting

There are some mega bits coming up doing things that will make you grin and in sure cringe lol
Halle

Post by Halle »

I thought last nights episode was much better , loads of interesting items , loved the Hetzer ( always been my personal favourite AFV ) , and I learned a great deal ..
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
schwarz engel

Post by schwarz engel »

rust , german kit , forays into europe , visiting normandie mortain , sniffing out that rusty german jerry can, Holland militracks ,german half tracks clattering through the woods which were battled over in 44 /45.

Hetzer remote mg mount in action live firing shooting up the local toe rags motor ! entertaining ide say better than the other dismal shite on the bbc !

take it that the boys are playing up as required to make you chuckle !!!enertainment

:lol: come to militacks pay your 50 euros and you to could sit in the hetzer and trundle round the woods .

its not just about rye brot and jam in the butterdish .my thoughts only :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Major von Kluge

Post by Major von Kluge »

Its enjoyable. There appears to be a growing market for WWII axis combat vehicles, even in Russia and Germany
Stefan1944

Post by Stefan1944 »

Combat Dealers even had a spot on BBC One Show the other night.... :lol:

At last, great to see positive promotion from mainstream media for our hobby, which is also good news for the re-enacting scene and hopefully will support events by stimulating public interest in WW2 and encouraging them to attend shows... :D

Kids and me are all looking forward to catching up this weekend on the last episode with the Hetzer - and even the Mrs is showing some interest in watching it... :shock:
vobehacker

Post by vobehacker »

Stefan your missus is only watching it , because your garage is becoming a lot like one of bruce comptons sheds
9th SS Hohenstaufen
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

What time is it on at the weekend? Missed it through the week!

Return to “Books, films & other media”