Show off your reenactment helmets!

Moderator: Sheikh Al Stranghi

Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: Show off your reenactment helmets!

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

There are some work of art helmets on here well done to all.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
grenadier Biermann

Post by grenadier Biermann »

Peiper wrote:Nice lids mate, although one comment, i tried to "convert" one of those Post War nets myself by dyeing it brown
and replacing the hooks but apparantly according to others on here they are wrong??

If you look back at this thread you will find it somewhere, apparantly people can tell it is a Post-War net as they
look different to the War time type, thats why i binned mine and made a chicken wire net instead, hope this
helps, :wink:

Regards Peiper
Hallo mate Thank you .About that hooks as far as I know post-war hooks looks different and ugly ! Keep it in green and keep your good hooks ! that s my good advice Regard Biermann
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

grenadier Biermann wrote:
Peiper wrote:Nice lids mate, although one comment, i tried to "convert" one of those Post War nets myself by dyeing it brown
and replacing the hooks but apparantly according to others on here they are wrong??

If you look back at this thread you will find it somewhere, apparantly people can tell it is a Post-War net as they
look different to the War time type, thats why i binned mine and made a chicken wire net instead, hope this

Regards Peiper
Hallo mate Thank you .About that hooks as far as I know post-war hooks looks different and ugly ! Keep it in green and keep your good hooks ! that s my good advice Regard Biermann

:) I think we got our wires crossed lol, i was referring to your net, it is Post-War mate
and according to other sources (see this thread) we dont wear these in WW2 re-enactment
because they are not the correct net !!!

Regards Peiper
grenadier Biermann

Peiper wrote:
grenadier Biermann wrote:

Regards Peiper

:) I think we got our wires crossed lol, i was referring to your net, it is Post-War mate
and according to other sources (see this thread) we dont wear these in WW2 re-enactment
because they are not the correct net !!!

Regards Peiper
:idea: oooops Lack of misunderstanding I know now I know what are you saying sorry ! silly me :lol: chicken wire sounds good to me better than 60quid cover :roll: Thanks mate Regards Biermann
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

grenadier Biermann wrote: :idea: oooops Lack of misunderstanding I know now I know what are you saying sorry ! silly me :lol: chicken wire sounds good to me better than 60quid cover :roll: Thanks mate Regards Biermann

No probs mate, as i said i had one but tried to convert it to look like a WW2 net which are brown and have the wire
type hooks but if you look on the thread you'll see by comments it was still wrong as people can still tell it is a Post-
War net, as i say im not an expert but am referring to advice on here, anyway good luck with that mate

I bought some wire netting off ebay and cut it to size then sprayed and aged it a bit, it doesnt look too bad but be
careful what netting you buy, get steel if you can, the one twist type rather than the US double twist which
apparantly is not the right period lol, i know its hard work trying to get things spot on lol :D

Good luck anyway mate, regards Pipes
Pz Gren Hoffmann

Post by Pz Gren Hoffmann »

Nice transitional helmet Biermann! I'm going to do one of those, or a 40/41 re-issue, when i manage to source one in my size, for realistic money :)
However i would perfer the austrian model. But that will have to wait, i already have too many helmets projects in the making :wink:
grenadier Biermann

Pz Gren Hoffmann wrote:Nice transitional helmet Biermann! I'm going to do one of those, or a 40/41 re-issue, when i manage to source one in my size, for realistic money :)
However i would perfer the austrian model. But that will have to wait, i already have too many helmets projects in the making :wink:
Thank you mate I've been working very hard on that helmet and cost me some bobs but in finale is my hobby and I love it ! Got one Austrian relic here is picture for you mate
Attachments
29012007636.jpg
29012007636.jpg (182.5 KiB) Viewed 9266 times
22012007629.jpg
22012007629.jpg (166.66 KiB) Viewed 9266 times
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

You have restored the others very well mate :wink:

Regards Peiper
grenadier Biermann

Peiper wrote:You have restored the others very well mate :wink:

Regards Peiper
Thank you for compliment but my wife she's going mad because money! And I keep saying if you want something from me get me another helmet :D :lol: :lol: :D Best Regards Biermann
Pz Gren Hoffmann

I guess being single has it's advantages :P
Nice austrian helmet! I have an m16 relic sitting on the shelf myself :)
Pz Gren Hoffmann

One of my recent paintjobs
Pz Gren Hoffmann

My Heer lid that i finished the other day :)
Original hkp66 M42 shell, and original liner band. Factory textured feldgrau finish, like the one i posted above. Issue tarnnetz.
And a fusslapp in the dome for comfort ;)
POA1944

Post by POA1944 »

Here is my high quality repro M42 single decal heer stahlhelm.It has since been used and worn and has since had german helmet netting added.This will work well till i get a original restored.I will get ome updated pics of it,and of my new M42 rough texture no decal late war stahlhelm for my late war "1944" Heer impression.
Attachments
stahl.jpg
stahl.jpg (6.32 KiB) Viewed 8242 times
In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.
-Erwin Rommel

Grenadier Erich Kessler

Sta.Kp.Gren.Ers.Btl.199

II./984. Grenadier Regiment 275. Infanterie
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Good to see more eastern volunteers on here!
Sean

Post by Sean »

My M35
Attachments
IMG_2026.JPG
IMG_2026.JPG (117.83 KiB) Viewed 7939 times
IMG_2024.JPG
IMG_2024.JPG (88.87 KiB) Viewed 7939 times
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too

Return to “Helmets and Helmet Restoration”