SS Helferin FG uniform

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

gurowski

Re: SS Helferin FG uniform

Post by gurowski »

FRAU wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Chen's colour for the SS version is wrong. It is too green. SS Helferrinnen were dubbed "the grey mice" by the french because their uniforms were so grey. Almost a stone grey, not field grey as is used by Chen.
Thats a misconception thats often bandied around. The little grey mice were actually the females in Heer helferin uniform which was grey (theres a discussion about this on the AHF). The original SS helferinnen tunics were feldgrau, this can be seen in original surviving tunics which still retain their green hue. The ones reproduced by Antz and Chen are more accurate to originals in both colour and fabric than others available.

Are there any reference pics available or online of SS Helferin tunics being fieldgrey?
Information from an interview with an SS Helferin about 8 years ago led us in the SBG to go with the Stone Grey colour, cos thats what she said her uniform colour was. If there are different coloured original tunics about I would like to see them.
I am aware of the 50 different shades of grey for army uniforms, and its probably the same is this case.
FRAU

Post by FRAU »

There was two original tunic (seperate collectors) that had pictures of these items on the WAF website if you want to waste a weekend looking on there (worth it if you don't know someone that owns an original).

These are both what would be described as Feldgrau and both have a green tinge neither is stone grey. There is also the hue that can be gleaned from original photographs.
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

I can supply SS, Heer and Luftwaffe Helferin uniforms for more or less the same price as buying direct from Chen. If you would like any more details please drop me a PM.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

FRAU

Post by FRAU »

Hi Chris can you send me details in a pm of the uniforms, sizes and prices as well as a contact email address for you that I can post on the FRAU forum?

Thanks in advance

FRAU :wink:

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”