Helferinen Uniforms

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

g girl

Re: Helferinen Uniforms

Post by g girl »

Sorry about the short post, but we have waited years to eventually get these uniforms, and still only the skirt. We are a dealer not a million miles away from you Dink. It's militaria-net, still working out a final price, on the skirt and just really testing the water with the product.
We do insignia and quite a few of the lady re-enactors out there have some of it, I'm Anthony ,better half, it's my first time posting so please be gentle with me.
We only got the uniforms in yesterday and as we had a few gentlemen visiting yesterday(it's your husbands fault Dink, he spent a few hours at ours).So we ran out of time for photo's etc.
The uniforms are not made in this country(to answer one of your questions) . :D
dink

Post by dink »

Ah well then I've met you albeit it briefly at Levisham :D , and thanks for replying :D

And yes I know him, Carl and Andy attacked your gaff yesterday :roll: as he picked up an EM LW eagle for me :lol: and yes I blame them all the time too :twisted: so feel free to as well :lol: Che wouldn't have told me as skirts aren't his thing :lol: :roll: I know he mentioned I'd made a helferin sidecap after lots of research :oops: still needs tweaking but its done to an original and slightly different to a mans (don't think Anthony understood my reasoning at all :oops: ) never mind huh men :lol: :mrgreen:

Good to see you've joined the forum :D and you'll have to lemme know if your turning up at an event with baggage, as I can bring my short stop along to aid keeping yours occupied ;).

Now I know who it is, I know more about it without even needing to ask :lol: . Will await piccies and a price ? ;) and maybes I'll stop moaning at your worst half (I'll get a clip round the ear or friendly fire airsofting for that) for female kit :lol:

Will be interested to see them so please don't forget to update :D 8) am sure our international ladies will be interested too :D
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

g girl wrote:Sorry about the short post, but we have waited years to eventually get these uniforms, and still only the skirt. We are a dealer not a million miles away from you Dink. It's militaria-net, still working out a final price, on the skirt and just really testing the water with the product.
We do insignia and quite a few of the lady re-enactors out there have some of it, I'm Anthony ,better half, it's my first time posting so please be gentle with me.
We only got the uniforms in yesterday and as we had a few gentlemen visiting yesterday(it's your husbands fault Dink, he spent a few hours at ours).So we ran out of time for photo's etc.
The uniforms are not made in this country(to answer one of your questions) . :D
good to see you on the forum, dont forget the kids are always welcome at our medical tent for biscuits and sweets.
nick and micky

oh and dink, i guess we will give you ..A.. biscuit too :P
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
dink

Post by dink »

:lol: m not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.... does that mean you keep me quiet plying me with biccies ? OR I'm only there for the biccies :lol:
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

dink wrote::lol: m not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.... does that mean you keep me quiet plying me with biccies ? OR I'm only there for the biccies :lol:
yes....and yes :P
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

g girl

Post by g girl »

Thanks very much for the offer of biscuits for the kids, you made quite an impression on them at Levisham, with all your sweets :twisted: . The kids won't be with us at Stoneleigh, we're escaping for the night, but I'm sure they will be along at other events.
My little boy is just like his father, loves to dress up as a german solider.
We're still waiting for a final price from our supplier for the skirts, so as soon as we have it we will post pictures and prices. :twisted:
dink

Post by dink »

Our lil un just likes dressing up power ranger, Yank (yes I said yank :shock: ), batman, spiderman etc etc though evacuee styling is going to be a new one this year :lol:

Not taking mine to Stoneleigh, not taking Che either :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
BJ

Post by BJ »

OH No!! another dealer doing SS Helferin..........still looking for someone who sells Heer Helferin......
85th Gebirgsjager
g girl

Post by g girl »

As I stated this is the first time I have posted on the forum, and already I feel like I am being belittled. I wonder why it took me so long to post.
Just out of interest could you give me the large list of dealers who do SS Helferin uniforms, I would be most interested. As far as I know there is a dealer in Italy. :wink:
dink

Post by dink »

I wouldn't worry about those italian ones :shock: despite the stonking price tag, they ain't worth the fabric they are stitched on.

I think what g girl is trying to say is that this is the first run they've been given. And as such they want to see how well they sell before taking it further ;)

Theres a reason why Helferin uniforms haven't been made in bulk, and I asked all over before I started making my own and its supply and demand. There was until now no supply, and whilst there are lots of us who say "I want whatever" when it actually comes to it, the gamble is on the dealer as sometimes they don't want it, which is the reason wephaus stopped actually stocking the uniforms ;) as they just weren't getting sufficient orders to warrent keeping them in stock.

Hopefully Lou's venture will mean that there will be some interested ladies that may want a skirt, along with other female sections of groups, but I would if it were me, want to see things sell first rather than be stuck trying to sell stuff for the next 'x' years. And I truely hope to see more on the market as and when :D , its nice to know theres someone out there at least trying to stock the female stuff, I just hope the ladies that moan buy it ;) :lol:

PS They did (Militaria-net ie g girl) have a luftwaffe helferin tunic, not idea if they still have it in stock, it was too big for me so I left it rather than massacre it, for someone that can't massacre things and that it would be more use to someone who doesn't know one end of a sewing machine from the other ;) . Try asking nicely and am sure they can check if its still in stock ;)
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

dont let anyone get to you on here :wink:
any form of ideas and projects are always welcome, this is how re enactment grows, and a feel for the market is.
as we say small acorns.
at least someone is now thinking of getting the female reenactor scene off the ground.

saves me sewing :roll:

saves dink boiling sheep :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
"every dog has its' day"

dink

Post by dink »

Will save me sewing too hopefully 8) and that would be boiling more sheep :lol: :roll:

I've passed word on via a few emails, though I wasn't sure how you were about international buyers, so have told them to contact you or Anthony, hope thats OK ? maybes get you a smidge more trade/interest even if its just the odd one or two extra. Informed those I know don't frequent here, and that I know hide under the woodwork somewhere as well :lol: so hopefully they may pop and have a gander a Stoneleigh ;)
g girl

Post by g girl »

Thanks for that, we'll have a helferin jacket with us, but it's for show only as we've already sold it. We'll see you at the show :D
BJ

Post by BJ »

SORRY G Girl,i'm not having a pop at you!! it just seams that everyone who has told me that "there is someone doing Helferin uniforms" it has turned out that they only do SS & not Heer or Lufft, well ok the chap in Italy, G-Max in the U.S.A. even our own Mr underwood had a go but it didn't work out due to the company he was dealing with.
so once again G Girl i'm VERY SORRY!!!
85th Gebirgsjager
g girl

Post by g girl »

Apology accepted, thank you very much. :lol:
We'll see how things pan out with the SS Helerfin uniforms and you never know if they are successful we may well try some others. Hopefully if your at Stoneleigh, pop along and give us some constructive feed back on the uniform we have got.
It all a question of supply and demand

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”