DKW SB200 help required please

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

KDF

DKW SB200 help required please

Post by KDF »

Hi all,

I have an ex-Wehrmacht dated 1939 SB200. However it`s in need of parts and I`m after a pre-war or wartime ( or even postwar ?) copy of the spare parts list.

I`ve treid looking on DKW Geyer chappie ,but it is a tad confusing to me.

If I had a parts book at least I could email suppliers the page number etc.

I need things like woodruff key, to spare keys and decals. And headlight rim.

Any help would be greatly appreicated please.

Regards,

Keith
Last edited by KDF on Sat May 09, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder member of AFRA.
KDF

Re: DKW SB200 help required please

Post by KDF »

My word that was quick.....apologises for not replying sooner. I`ve bid on and won said book :)

Could you PM the www of the Polish guy to please?

Regards,

Keith
Founder member of AFRA.
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

les hearn

Post by les hearn »

dealt with oldtimer before...... verry good company to deal with fast transactions too
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
KDF

Re: DKW SB200

Post by KDF »

Davey and co,

Parts list turned up...superb copy. More like a paged photograph than a straight photocopy on normal paper.

However it does not show how the bakelite control box is `fastened in place to (?) the battery tray. AND there`s no mention of the generator and points etc. From photos of pre war m/c it looks like the headlight is wrong on mine, but the speedo loks correct on the bike ,but also wrong to the manual.

And lastly, where the fook does the horn fit ? Under the frame ?

Cheers,

Keith
Founder member of AFRA.
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

Just had a quick search in google images. Looks like the horn goes under the front of the tank facing forwards (like on a ks600 which has a special bracket which looks like meccano on steroids). German parts list should show if there's a particular bracket to hang it off. The DKW NZ has a special bracket built into the frame spacer which goes on the right side of the frame where the front and back part of the frames bolt together so that the horn faces forward, but I'm guessing the 200 doesn't have this?
KDF

Post by KDF »

daveydachs wrote:Just had a quick search in google images. Looks like the horn goes under the front of the tank facing forwards (like on a ks600 which has a special bracket which looks like meccano on steroids). German parts list should show if there's a particular bracket to hang it off. The DKW NZ has a special bracket built into the frame spacer which goes on the right side of the frame where the front and back part of the frames bolt together so that the horn faces forward, but I'm guessing the 200 doesn't have this?
From the photos I`ve seen , it looks like you are correct it bolts to the frame under the tank. Thank you for that . :)

I`ve tried putting a photo or 5 on here but they are too large an image to do so. The headlight is for a SB200 luxus (?) , but it`s the speedo that maybe on a home bracket rather than the one that puts it above the headlamp . But it doesnt show the two holes ( one with a Red lensed light in it ) on the top of the headlight...Double Grrrrrrrrrr

Going back to the werkhaus to ponder more bits needed to be brought.

The electrics box is now complete , so thats good news. How does it fit next to the battery though ?
Founder member of AFRA.
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

"The electrics box is now complete , so thats good news. How does it fit next to the battery though ?". Erm, not sure, the NZ battery carrier is a roughly L shaped bracket, the battery sitting on the horizontal part of the L and the electrics box attached to the vertical. The whole lot is held onto rubber blocks on top of the gearbox by metal straps.
KDF

Post by KDF »

daveydachs wrote:"The electrics box is now complete , so thats good news. How does it fit next to the battery though ?". Erm, not sure, the NZ battery carrier is a roughly L shaped bracket, the battery sitting on the horizontal part of the L and the electrics box attached to the vertical. The whole lot is held onto rubber blocks on top of the gearbox by metal straps.

Could you take a photo please?
Founder member of AFRA.
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

found the bits, can't find camera :oops: will post when it turns up.....
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

found it.... :D The battery strap is the military version, the civvie one doesn't have the sardine tin type tensioner. The box in the photo appears to be attached to the carrier with solder....
Attachments
batterystrapwh cmp.jpg
batterystrapwh cmp.jpg (35.22 KiB) Viewed 7255 times
battery carrier side cmp.jpg
battery carrier side cmp.jpg (31.78 KiB) Viewed 7258 times
battery carrier rear cmp.jpg
battery carrier rear cmp.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 7255 times
KDF

Post by KDF »

Sardines anyone ? :D

Umm so `all` I have to do is get a battery box bracket. Ummm no wonder I couldn`t get the flipping thing to fit. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.Thanks Davey for yer help, I may ask you for dimensions if I cannot scale the thing up.

Now i know where the horn fits ( steady lads) , and that the control box, with or without sardine key thingy ( where do you get one of those from ???) , has a bracket for it and the battery.

I`m waiting for a response from DKW Geyer ,and hope to progress a bit more.

Many thanks to Heer Dachs, good job for him I live 2 hours drive away ,or I`d have knock on your door.

Regards,

Keith
Founder member of AFRA.
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

Paulkd

Post by Paulkd »

Just to chime in, Oldtimer do come to war and peace most years, they were there last year with a sizeable stand.
I bought DKW 350 bits from him (using James cos I didnt have a bank card then) and his service was fine.
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!

Return to “Vehicles”