Never Surrender!

The place to display all those event photos you have

Moderator: Richk98

Kaben

Never Surrender!

Post by Kaben »

Another quick .gif animated set of images from the War & Peace show (Sunday).

Apologies for the poor quality, but i havent added any anchor points to this sequence so it does jump around a little bit.

Last edited by Kaben on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny

Re: Never Surrender!

Post by Jonny »

Very well done! 8)

EDIT

Now after reading that this was the result of one man who never obeyed the rules, and this was not planned and could have ended up in someone being seriously injured.

I do not endorse any of the actions seen above unless safely done.
Last edited by Jonny on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

There was an easy solution to this that didnt involve a huge amount of man loving. BANG......a realistic solution to some amdram.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Kaben

Post by Kaben »

Gott Mit Uns wrote:There was an easy solution to this that didnt involve a huge amount of man loving. BANG......a realistic solution to some amdram.
Not so sure - when the grenadier attacks, he has come out of hiding from behind the Panzer and genuinely caught the guy off guard. Quite entertaining to see the yank yell & freak out as he didn't know he was going to be grappled. By which point he has no control, as the grenadier has got his K98 wrapped around his neck and the 2nd American would have been very hard pushed to shoot the grenadier without possibly hitting his buddy.

But regardless of the "realism" - it was an entertaining scuffle for the punters ( & Me! :lol: ) - simply firing a blank round at him would have been a very naff solution that would not have translated very well for the crowd sitting 50 metres away who are already struggling to see what is going on.
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

It worked for Indianna Jones....

That aside, is this really where we're at in the hobby now? Boys-own movie grapples that "look cool" on camera?
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Especially as the battle briefing stressed No Impromptu hand to hand?
Typical cowboy crap you see in mock battles, the other favorite is people chasing each other round vehicles with pistols.
Still, his stupid actions and man touching is preserved forever. Isnt there a thread on latent homosexuality in the SS re-enactment world? :o
One to show the Grand kids? 'Look son, here is me ignoring orders and getting involved with man touching. You dont know how lucky you are your mum was born at all.' :lol:
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i wonder if the weapons were made safe before the scuffle
Kaben

Post by Kaben »

Not a clue - I was just taking the pictures and continued to follow it as it happened. I thought it made for an interesting set of images.
Jager Roll

Post by Jager Roll »

Stigroadie wrote:Especially as the battle briefing stressed No Impromptu hand to hand?
Typical cowboy crap you see in mock battles, the other favorite is people chasing each other round vehicles with pistols.
Still, his stupid actions and man touching is preserved forever. Isnt there a thread on latent homosexuality in the SS re-enactment world? :o
One to show the Grand kids? 'Look son, here is me ignoring orders and getting involved with man touching. You dont know how lucky you are your mum was born at all.' :lol:

Agreed, Nothing more embarrasing that silly dramatics that ruin a public battle.
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

It looks shite has to be said. Hand to hand is ok providing its scripted and well though out. But this scuffle just looks wrong. Im sure when one guy got jump his mate usually rained down blows with the stock of his weapon on the attackers head. Either that or just shot him. But he just stands there with. Plenty of fingure on trigger from are man with the grease gun from what I can see aswell. So anyone owning up to this one?
Kaben

Post by Kaben »

To be fair they weren't exactly standing around, this whole sequence took about 15 seconds from start to finish.
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Fare enough. But even still If a guy in the SS jumps on your mate you smash 7 bells out of him or shoot him. The video shows he does nothing.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

yeah cos you cant really do that in a mock battle. Minimum engagement distance and common sense safety etc.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Speaking from the armourers perspective, what a twat. Two guys with Thompsons - are they loaded when he barrels into them? Can he tell? I see that one live Thompson ends up in the dirt. Gee, thanks, whoever you are. You made that bloke drop a cocked fully automatic weapon on the floor! Freeze the frame and you'll see the cocking handle is back. Someone could have got badly hurt there. This hobby has too many wankers in it :evil:

I'm glad you got it on film, too, because it just proves that a) there are people who don't listen to briefings and b) some people have no idea about how to treat section 5 weapons. Cretins! :roll:
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Stigroadie wrote:yeah cos you cant really do that in a mock battle. Minimum engagement distance and common sense safety etc.

No stig but thats my point. Thats why its crap. Because its an wrestle that looks like it just wouldnt of happend that way.

Return to “Photos”