Show us you!

The place to display all those event photos you have

Moderator: Richk98

johankreig

Re: Show us you!

Post by johankreig »

I have the glasses but cant afford the 50 quid for the lenses at the moment, other things have priority, as for the splinter, thats is the one most UK suppliers are selling so its what i ended up with and the unit I am with wears them so I wear one, I dont have the cash to pay alot of money to be 100%, I do it for fun not for 100% accuracy. Tbh I will remove the pics as they are clearly not what the community wants up here.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

johankreig wrote:I have the glasses but cant afford the 50 quid for the lenses at the moment, other things have priority, as for the splinter, thats is the one most UK suppliers are selling so its what i ended up with and the unit I am with wears them so I wear one, I dont have the cash to pay alot of money to be 100%, I do it for fun not for 100% accuracy. Tbh I will remove the pics as they are clearly not what the community wants up here.
Whilst I completely understand the sentiment regarding money and the cost of the hobby. There is a phrase in re-enactment which is so true "buy right, buy once". It's not like we have to guess what's correct as there are 1000's of photographs of just about every German unit during the war. If the whole groups wrong re the camo (and I'm not saying they are) maybe you should take a stand and point that out.
As for "I do it for fun not for 100% accuracy" sorry mate you won't get much sympathy here with that. If your not doing it right (100%) then your just dressing up, and then it's a short hop to "....yes but X is cheaper and more comfortable" and from there your in Bundy gear or American stuff or just wearing flip flops and you look awful.
Just my thoughts.
In the end we all have to start somewhere, but for me it should be:
A) Where can I get the most authentic uniforms/gear?
B) What can I afford?
C) What do I need?
D) What can I leave off buying until I can afford it?

In the end: Basics first, Field Greys, cap, boots, belt and buckle, then field gear, smocks, weapons etc later.
Like I say just my two cents! :D
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

removed
Last edited by johankreig on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

If your doing a italian theatre impression, the goatee kinda works, I've seen a small number of pics of fallschirmjager sporting them...

Regards,

Gary
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

He's got modern underwear?
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Jaws wrote:If your doing a italian theatre impression, the goatee kinda works, I've seen a small number of pics of fallschirmjager sporting them...

Regards,

Gary
Also that style of beard goes very well with the Gebirgsjäger.

In the first picture, the Luftwaffe cap in the background looks bad with the large silver looking rim on the bottom, sticks out quite a bit. :P
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

thats actually may hauptman, and its a Afrika Korps hat, just the way I have edited it.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Oberleutnant Ulrich

No, no, on the right, the guy bending over and also wearing a splinter smock.
Arthur

Halle

Post by Halle »

johankreig wrote:Back by Popular Request, Captain Farb, The Galactic Reenacting Super Hero

Cry Havok and let loose the comments of Farbyness.

Johankrieg , fair play to you for putting the pics back up - can I ask , in the second pic , those shoes you're wearing look suspiciously ...... modern ? 8)
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

ulrich, thats our major and group leader, its defo army, again probably the way i edited it, he does GD, and Halle there post war swedish low boots, leather laces and seem just as good as some of the more expensive ones, alot of our members use these, esspecialy as they come in size 1 - snow shoe, which for me with wide feet is great, that and the fact they only cost 15 quid.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Halle

Post by Halle »

I'd never heard of those boots , so I googled them , and up came the images - the toes are the same shape as on your picture , and ........ they're nothing like German WW2 boots really , certainly no where near the decent Czech and German repros ... :|
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

johankreig wrote:thats actually may hauptman, and its a Afrika Korps hat, just the way I have edited it.
Why is he dressed in DAK kit and you in temperate gear? Should the group not represent one unit?
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Italy impression of the group? Note the open collar, HBT type tunic etc. It could work, that's also where one would also see a large mix of camo and mixes in uniform within the units. From SS camo to Italian camo.
Arthur

Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

Back by Popular Request, Captain Farb, The Galactic Reenacting Super Hero

Someone said fair play for putting the pictures back up. Fair enough.
Only thing is it makes those trying to get it right look a "tad" stupid, (I include myself in this) because in the end the public don't know what's right and what's wrong and if the re-enactors don't either where does that leave us?

We (most of us) are striving to portray a real unit, real men and give the public a true sense of the German forces we portray.

What is it your doing?

Maybe I take all this too seriously. In the end it's upto you what you do and how you spend your cash, and what on.

Toodle pip
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Just want to make one things clear, I do agree that most of us here are trying to get a 100% accurate impression and pictures do help, but with these pictures here under the title of "show us you" I think it's appropriate as that's what he's doing. If these pictures, and a lot of other pictures here were under the title "most realistic photo ever" then I would have to say that they don't belong.
Arthur

Return to “Photos”