AFRA

Associations do great work for us. Organise battles, insurance, film work and more besides. Please check here for their service announcements.
Hoffman Grink

AFRA

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Now for everyone - we've been batting on for a while - But now yet again our money is where our mouth is.... we're not giving subscriptions away on Ebay folks - we don't need to.

We are the fastest growing body in WWII re-enactment.

We offer you all the old things, minus the worst and we offer you a host of new things.

Go to http://www.afra.org.uk/about.aspx for the most comprehensive, open and honest explanation of what a body has to offer. Sit down and decide - regardless of what your group is or what their standpoint is - YOU can join AFRA and it doesn't affect your hobby or what you do already.

It enhances it.

Enough here - read the page - browse the website - Download the form. If you fit the bill - you're in.
Darkattitude

Post by Darkattitude »

Very professional looking site Paul.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?

Normandy44 Re-enactment Association

http://www.N44.co.uk
dink

Post by dink »

New site looking good, bit slow, assuming theres still glitches being worked through ? but definately a whole new look for the new year coming up.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Thanks dale
Check your PC for spyware Dink - it's just been optimised and there are no clumsy graphics on there to slow it down.... Karl's the boy and he sort of knows a bit about these compoota things.... so I'm told.
dink

Post by dink »

no interferenace on my pc its checked daily and just finished ;) maybes when I viewed earlier he was still working on something ? wasn't a knock at yourselves was commenting on it.
Carl Gustaff

Re: AFRA

Post by Carl Gustaff »

A little slow to load for me too, but a nice site all the same.

Since I'm in between groups you might be just what I'm looking for.......mind you, with comments like that quoted below and I know what your referring too. I don't know the history and I don't particularly want to either, but writing stuff like that only serves to make you sound bitter? For an a steamed gentleman like yourself my advice would to steer clear of leaving such comments. It spoils your postings.

Fwbl Dollman wrote:... we're not giving subscriptions away on Ebay folks - we don't need to.
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

Carl Gustaff wrote:A little slow to load for me too, but a nice site all the same.

Since I'm in between groups you might be just what I'm looking for.......mind you, with comments like that quoted below and I know what your referring too. I don't know the history and I don't particularly want to either, but writing stuff like that only serves to make you sound bitter? For an a steamed gentleman like yourself my advice would to steer clear of leaving such comments. It spoils your postings.

Fwbl Dollman wrote:... we're not giving subscriptions away on Ebay folks - we don't need to.
But we are not, and we dont. It's just a fact.
carentan

Post by carentan »

...As I recall, you had them on buy it now £20 (?) :wink:
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

carentan wrote:...As I recall, you had them on buy it now £20 (?) :wink:
ROFL!
If you take a butchers at the Membership Application it's fifteen nicker! :lol:

I think I know Carl Gustav but I can't be sure... so many names used on so many forums....
It's mad how folks read stuff into throwaway comments...... :roll:

We're offering what we're offering Carl G. Openly and honestly - NO AGENDA - that's what it says - NO ONE who meets the criteria will be turned away - Now you can't say the same of other organisations and you know it..... can you?
AFRA

Post by AFRA »

AFRA now has a corporate log in. We also have a completely abstract and non demoninational avatar of our new mascot. :wink: (nice isn't she?)

This account will be used solely to pass on AFRA messages, updates and news.

You may PM it with AFRA enquiries or requests. No personal business will be conducted via this account. The email for this account goes directly to the AFRA website.

Exec Members use this so it is a multi user account. For personal matters please use the other named accounts.

This is an innovative move to separate business from "pleasure" and keep AFRA impartial and fair.

Thank you

AFRA
AFRA - Leading the Options For Change
Casbah Rock

Post by Casbah Rock »

Is that a Walther in her hand ?
SS-Rottenführer Kotzur
Zweite Kampfgruppe
1. SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue
AFRA

Post by AFRA »

AFRA is very pleased to welcome the members of Die Gruppe into the fold.
We also await the imminent arrival of more members from Northern Ireland.

AFRA is also awaiting several more mass enrolments and will announce these shortly.

A small update of the website will happen in the next few days which may be of interest to some.

AFRA is at the beginning of a journey which will see us ALL benefitting. we hope you will consider joining us.

Remember - AFRA is NOT A group or a group of groups. It is an association that you can join irrespective of group, sex, portrayal, authenticity or allegiance. AFRA is something new and the concept is difficult for many to grasp at present. We will publish some FAQs in an attempt to better inform.
AFRA

Post by AFRA »

In response to questions asked by overseas re-enactors - Yes - Non UK residents can join AFRA.

This will cover you when visiting re-enactment events in UK and will also cover your equipment when travelling to and from an event
£15.00 might sound a little excessive for something you might only use ONCE a year but where else can you get cover so cheap?

You will also receive a photo ID card that is rapidly becoming recognised by various authorities across the country.
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

15 pound is 31.00$US
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Paul, just sent an application to you today for myself mate. Incidentally tapped in Afra and was sent to the Association of Furniture Removers Australia is this your new job mate. :wink:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo

Return to “Re-enactment associations”