GebirgsPioniere

Moderator: les hearn

Yuri

GebirgsPioniere

Post by Yuri »

Have You got any photos showing gebirgspioniere at work?? Maybe listings of special equipment used by those units?? Any special uniform parts/pipings concerning them??

Sorry for somewhat chaotic questions, but I just started to look a little deeper in that issue and Ill be more than obliged If You can share any info.

Greets
Yuri
War, war never changes...

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR
Franz repper

Re: GebirgsPioniere

Post by Franz repper »

Top photo is one of Alberts photos below is a Gebirgs Pioniere armed with a Aufreißhammer there was 8 types of this hammer
Pioniere with the steuermann badge
for some more photos of gebirgs and pioniere
http://www.gebirgsjager.de/htm/wwalbum.htm
ImageImageImageImageImage
Heeresbergführer

Post by Heeresbergführer »

Servus Gebirgspionier Yuri,

The Gebirgspionier would have black Waffenfarbe (piping) on their shoulderboards. As for equipment, they would have standard pionier tools...wire cutters, shovels, picks, demolition gear, jackhammers, bridging equipment, etc. I'll post some photographs when I get back home next week.

Gebirgspionier vor!
Dort, wo der Adler haust!
Hauptmann u. Heeresbergführer "Papa" Kiser
Kompanie Chef
5. Kp./Hochgebirgsjäger Btl. 4

mario33

Post by mario33 »

Heeresbergführer wrote:The Gebirgspionier would have black Waffenfarbe (piping) on their shoulderboards.
Well, whoulderboards only ? What about litzen (early) ? piping on waffenrocks/officer caps/other "waffenfarbe spots" ?
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

mario33 wrote:
Heeresbergführer wrote:The Gebirgspionier would have black Waffenfarbe (piping) on their shoulderboards.
Well, whoulderboards only ? What about litzen (early) ? piping on waffenrocks/officer caps/other "waffenfarbe spots" ?
Horrido Mario if you look at the top photo I posted you will see the Litzen is black only the Jäger regiments used Green all other arms used their arm of service waffenfarbe on all the waffenfarbe spots . It was the Edelweiss on the arm and caps that showed the Gebirgs status of corse Heer is not my Gebirgs area so some one who knows more will be able to put us on the correct pathway
ImageImageImageImageImage
mario33

Post by mario33 »

Franz repper wrote:Horrido Mario if you look at the top photo I posted you will see the Litzen is black only the Jäger regiments used Green all other arms used their arm of service waffenfarbe on all the waffenfarbe spots .
No worries, you're right Herr Repper :) I just refreshed my books. Grassgreen colours were also for Gebirgsschulen, staff of the Divisions stab etc. Other units carried their own proper colours, eg. black for gebirgspioniere.
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”