JUWEL 34 stoves, they are all DDR manufacture

Moderator: les hearn

Enigma

JUWEL 34 stoves, they are all DDR manufacture

Post by Enigma »

Are all JUWEL34 stoves manufactured after WW2? I was informed that some were made during WW2 and I am now unsure what to believe. In the book “Deutsche Soldaten” there should be some information on this but I do not have it.
Regards
Enigma

edited subject to make sure the message is clear to you all
Last edited by Enigma on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KDF

Re: JUWE 34

Post by KDF »

Hi,

I had until recently a 1941 stamped Jewel 33, with a waffenampt stamp on it too. The one I`ve spent an hour trying to get working today ( and worryingly did a little too well at one point ) is not date stamped.

I thought the difference was that the 34 was a Civve camping one and the 33 an issue one to the Wehrmacht ?
Founder member of AFRA.
Enigma

Re: JUWEL 34

Post by Enigma »

Hi

From what I have been told the 34’s were made after WW2. But now I have been informed that some 34’s are WW2 production. I am just very curious.

The 33’s are in two versions. Early ones are of brass and later production is of steel. At least some of the steel type are Waa proofed. The 34 is a simpler version of the steel 33.

There is not much that can go wrong with these. Have you checked the wick if it has fallen out??
KDF

Post by KDF »

Enigma wrote:Hi

From what I have been told the 34’s were made after WW2. But now I have been informed that some 34’s are WW2 production. I am just very curious.

The 33’s are in two versions. Early ones are of brass and later production is of steel. At least some of the steel type are Waa proofed. The 34 is a simpler version of the steel 33.

There is not much that can go wrong with these. Have you checked the wick if it has fallen out??
Ahhh the first one I had was brass, this one is I have now is steel.

Edited after misunderstanding about the wick.
Last edited by KDF on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder member of AFRA.
unsam

Post by unsam »

I think here the beginning of the discussion was

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9491
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

The JUWEL stoves have been discussed here as well. With this thread I want to know for sure if the JUWEL34's are post WW2 or not. Some claim that they are only post WW2, another source tells differently. Personally I believe the chance for the 34's to be post WW2 manufacture only is very great indeed. I bought a pair of 34's in Prague years ago but have never seen them in Norway.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

I have so far not received any information that points towards the JUWEL 34 being made during WW2. The information I have gathered so far is that it was believed by some earlier that the first JUWEL 34’s were made during WW2. It is now clear that ALL JUWEL 34’s are manufactured in DDR.

The first JUWEL 34’s made in DDR were very close to the JUWEL 33’s. The design evolved over the years of manufacture and the last ones are quite far from the JUWEL 33. If none have any information that contradicts this and that is valid and reliable I consider this case to be closed.

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”