GJ events in the US

Moderator: les hearn

Heerespfarrer Heinz

GJ events in the US

Post by Heerespfarrer Heinz »

i've split this one up - the original thread is worth keeping clean. thank you. mario33

Heeresbergführer wrote:
Welsh wrote:
Glad to help. Does your group do any rock climbing training? My unit usually has a training weekend where we teach everyone basic climbing techniques. Climb on!

Patrick
Patrick,
where are you located in the U.S.? Have you heard about the March on Rome event in late July? Its in the mountains outside Ruidoso, NM, and is shaping up to be great. I'm commanding the Heer and SS troops (we'll have a kompanie of LW Hermann Goering as well) and I'd love to have some more Gebirgs troops! (I'll be doing my GJ ObLt impression). Check out the event at http://www.marchonrome.org

Drew
Heerespfarrer Heinz
275.Infanterie.Div
gebirgs soldat

Re: Gebrigsjäger and Bergfuhrer badges

Post by gebirgs soldat »

Heerespfarrer Heinz... It's too bad this event wasn't posted sooner... I would have love to have attended from California with my jagers... I will be back from my trip to Germany but I won't be able to get that far with the few days off from work... If I had known about it sooner, I could have "strategically" planned the excursion while the uberfrau and kinder were still in Germany... (they get two months in the Vaterland, alas, I only get one month)..

Patrick may be recovering from his Project Edelweiss trip and I'm sure can't make it either.
As far as the March on Rome event.. the guys from Colorado with the pzkfw III, they come out to California twice a year to battle with us... Viel Gluck!
"Alte Soldaten Sterben Nicht" - "Old Soldiers Never Die"

Walter Ritter
4te Kompanie, 98th GJR
California Historical Group (CHG)
L.A., California
Heerespfarrer Heinz

Oh, that stinks!! I wish you'd heard sooner too!! Yeah, the Kampfgruppe von Rybus from Colorado is coming in FORCE, including with the PzIII.

You mentioned the Project Edelweiss... are you talking about that event in the French Alps that all the pictures were posted on here from the 2009 one? I'd KILL to go over and do that one. My Frau is from Germany and so half of our family is over there.

A buddy of mine and I have been brainstorming an Ostfront event in New Mexico around the Sierra Blanca mountain range sometime next year, between Gebirgsjaeger and Russians (Kaukasus '42 event). We have a virtual blank check from the NM Bureau of Land Management to do events in that area, which is a pretty rare thing for us Texans. Would y'all be interested in going to NM for something like that? If so, we can continue to explore interest levels (especially among Russkies).

Let me know! (my real email is aircorpsdrew@yahoo.com)

Drew
Heerespfarrer Heinz
275.Infanterie.Div
Heeresbergführer

Post by Heeresbergführer »

Grüß Gott Heerespfarrer Heinz,

Sounds like a great event. If I was still living in Dallas, I'd be there....I lived in Dallas from 1991-98...but I'm out east in the Washington DC area.

Where in Germany is your Frau from? I lived over there for 10 years during the 80's.

I'm heading over to France in a few weeks for Project Edelweiss 2010. It will be a great time meeting an international team of Gebirgsjäger reenactors and climbing with them in the Alps.

Berg Heil und Horrido!

Hptm. "Papa" Kiser
Dort, wo der Adler haust!
Hauptmann u. Heeresbergführer "Papa" Kiser
Kompanie Chef
5. Kp./Hochgebirgsjäger Btl. 4

Heerespfarrer Heinz

My Frau is from Karlsruhe, in Baden-Wuertemmburg. Beautiful area, on the edge of the Schwartzwald.

Make sure to tell the guys at Proj Edelweiss to make sure and have a 2011 event!!! I want to make that one, for sure!
Be careful up there, and take LOTS of pictures.

Drew
Heerespfarrer Heinz
275.Infanterie.Div
gebirgs soldat

Post by gebirgs soldat »

Would consider a mountain battle in N.M. if we get enough interest (and plan a 3-day roadtrip!)

My wife is from Berlin and we will be visiting her parents there. We leave this Friday!

Tschuß!

Immer Weiter Machen!

Walter Ritter
4te Kompanie, 98th GJR
L.A., California
Heerespfarrer Heinz

Ausgezeichnet!! We'll keep you posted on plans as they develop!

Ah, sie kommt aus Berlin!?! Ein schoener Stadt! Mein Schwager wohnt in Berlin (Er ist Flugbegleiter bei Lufthansa). Kauf viel im Flohmarkt, mach viele Fotos, und gute Reise!!

Tschuess!
Heinz
Heerespfarrer Heinz
275.Infanterie.Div
gebirgs soldat

Post by gebirgs soldat »

Vielen dank! Wir haben urlaub und reisen im der Ost See (Usedom)..

Walter Ritter
4te Kompanie, 98th GJR
L.A., California
mario33

Post by mario33 »

gebirgs soldat wrote:Wir haben urlaub und reisen im der Ost See (Usedom)..
Thats very close to here :) Have a happy stay - come to Poland to see for a day or two :)

Pls dont go much for an off-topic though.

Any more events suitable for GJ planned in the USA ?
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

gebirgs soldat

Re: GJ events in the US

Post by gebirgs soldat »

In May 2011 the RPS is planning a CRETE 41 battle... possibly at New Cuyama or Camp Roberts, CALIFORNIA

GJ & FJ only... If you came to California, we could set you up with weapons, transport etc. It should be a great event!

http://www.ww2rps.com/events.htm

Walter Ritter
4te Kompanie, 98th GJR
L.A., California

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”