Post by 42gunner »

Peiper, I didnt know Josip Broz Tito was an undercover Gebirgsjager :lol:
what else arent you telling me!?! :D

THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER.

Re: Gebirgsjaeger in war movies

Post by THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER. »

The opening scene shows 3 Junker Ju-52's flying through the Alps [quote]
SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE!
but in the opening shot there is only one ju-52. mi6 infiltrating the bavarian alps covertly as Gebirgsjaeger troops.
it's my favorite movie, and i've watched it over 30 times. i own a copy.
kind regards kamerade.
Attachments
Expansion Drive-1.jpg
Expansion Drive-1.jpg (44.26 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER.
3kp 1 pz div.LSSAH.

THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER.

Post by THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER. »

what an awesome plane.
clint repelling attack.
great movie.
Attachments
Expansion Drive-2.jpg
Expansion Drive-2.jpg (31.12 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
Expansion Drive-3.jpg
Expansion Drive-3.jpg (64.26 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER.
3kp 1 pz div.LSSAH.

Jägermeister

Post by Jägermeister »

Last edited by Jägermeister on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heinz O. Kaufmann

Post by Heinz O. Kaufmann »

You know that Clint is going to win when he shoots with his eyes closed :)
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

42gunner wrote:<span>All SS-GJ units were made up of foreign volunteers and came from mountainous regions (and they were recruited starting in 42<span id="dtx-highlighting-item" dtx-highlight-backgroundcolor="yellow"> to </span>44) They werent frontline fighters so as light infantry they were very effective in battling partisans.
No they were not 6th SS nord had elements of foreign volunteers but was not made Foregin Volunteers 6. SS Gebirgs-Division "Nord" was formed as SS-Kampfgruppe "Nord" in February 1941 in Norway but it was turned into a division in September 1941. The division was composed of SS men used for garrison duties in Norway. It was transferred to Finnish Lapland prior to Operation Barbarossa as part of the German XXXVI Corps under AOK Norwegen. so you can see they were recruited be for the 42 date you have given
ImageImageImageImageImage
42gunner

Post by 42gunner »

Franz repper wrote:
42gunner wrote:<span>All SS-GJ units were made up of foreign volunteers and came from mountainous regions (and they were recruited starting in 42<span id="dtx-highlighting-item" dtx-highlight-backgroundcolor="yellow"> to </span>44) They werent frontline fighters so as light infantry they were very effective in battling partisans.
No they were not 6th SS nord had elements of foreign volunteers but was not made Foregin Volunteers 6. SS Gebirgs-Division "Nord" was formed as SS-Kampfgruppe "Nord" in February 1941 in Norway but it was turned into a division in September 1941. The division was composed of SS men used for garrison duties in Norway. It was transferred to Finnish Lapland prior to Operation Barbarossa as part of the German XXXVI Corps under AOK Norwegen. so you can see they were recruited be for the 42 date you have given
I meant to say southern SS-GJ units (Prinz Eugen 1942 through Karstjager). 6.SS Nord doesnt have much in common with its southern counterparts, so I dont bother looking into it.
The southern SS-Gebirgsjagers were known for their brutality in the overall Balkan and Karst fighting. Where as Nord, doesnt have a history of brutality. The units I mentioned did not become frontline troops till late 1944.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

42gunner wrote:I meant to say southern SS-GJ units (Prinz Eugen 1942 through Karstjager). 6.SS Nord doesnt have much in common with its southern counterparts, so I dont bother looking into it.
The southern SS-Gebirgsjagers were known for their brutality in the overall Balkan and Karst fighting. Where as Nord, doesnt have a history of brutality. The units I mentioned did not become frontline troops till late 1944.
Ok got it now :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImageImage
mario33

Post by mario33 »

Maybe only remotely connected but still interesting.

So weit die Füße tragen, German film of 2001, directed by Hardy Martins. Film describes how German POW, Klemens Forrell, escapes from Soviet camp and keeps escaping through Siberia down to Iran (whole way takes over 3 years). Its is based on true story. The film is really interesting.

During one of the last scenes, when Klemes is being held in Iranian prison as Russian spy, he is confrontyed by his uncle. To be sure its really Klemens, his uncle shows him an album with family photos. On one photo Klemes recognizes himself in GJ uniform and describes the photo as 'its me after training in mountain rifles regiment in Bad Reichenall in 1939'.
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

unsam

Post by unsam »

mario33 wrote:Maybe only remotely connected but still interesting.

So weit die Füße tragen, German film of 2001, directed by Hardy Martins. Film describes how German POW, Klemens Forrell, escapes from Soviet camp and keeps escaping through Siberia down to Iran (whole way takes over 3 years). Its is based on true story. The film is really interesting.

During one of the last scenes, when Klemes is being held in Iranian prison as Russian spy, he is confrontyed by his uncle. To be sure its really Klemens, his uncle shows him an album with family photos. On one photo Klemes recognizes himself in GJ uniform and describes the photo as 'its me after training in mountain rifles regiment in Bad Reichenall in 1939'.
fairy tale, fantasy. Yes the real name of a hero Cornelius Rost (1922—1983), but I do not believe in his story.(his story is similar to the ravings of a madman)
photo in the film are real photos of the author of the book Josef Martin Bauer. (He was in a Hauptmann Heinz Groth group and climbed Mount Elbrus)

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”