ha ha ha really?????

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

johankreig

Re: ha ha ha really?????

Post by johankreig »

I think Axis re-enactors are always going to get a certain level of vilification and abuse, just becasue we were the bad guys, I get comments made about ny hoby at work and at home, but meh, I have spoken to seveal british veterans in my time and all have been supportive of what I do, and many have thanked me, (I used to portray German Para, but have switched to lufty field police). Like some have said why do groups get re-invited to such events if its such an issue, my group have been invited to attend a railway event next year, and we have both axis and allied units.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
FschJg_Heilmann

Post by FschJg_Heilmann »

The reason why most people do Axis reenactments is because they had family or descend from that country (like me). Others want to reenact the Axis powers because it intreges them or simply because of the historical aspect of it. Not turning this into a history lesson, just voicing my opinion, but I consider the German Military the best of that time. Yet again just my opinion so I would hate to be called a Nazi for voicing my opinion (like that has never happened lolol). Some people just dont realize the enjoyment of having a hobby other than bashing people who have hobbys.
carvillan

Post by carvillan »

FschJg_Heilmann wrote:The reason why most people do Axis reenactments is because they had family or descend from that country (like me). Others want to reenact the Axis powers because it intreges them or simply because of the historical aspect of it. Not turning this into a history lesson, just voicing my opinion, but I consider the German Military the best of that time. Yet again just my opinion so I would hate to be called a Nazi for voicing my opinion (like that has never happened lolol). Some people just dont realize the enjoyment of having a hobby other than bashing people who have hobbys.
This for me too. I have a love of being able to adapt/develop tactics and skills and still be victorious. For example, German infantry using gasoline to set fire to the T3s4 and KV1s when they were first introduced in autumn/winter of 1941 or the 10 Tiger tanks that were able to punch a hole in the line to allow Army group north to escape the Baltic. Plus I also think that the engineering of German Armour in WW2 was fantastic (the kill ratios of Tiger heavy tank battalions are simply amazing).
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG

Return to “General”