Fortress Fiume

ww2 and reenacting sites of interest.
Odin

Fortress Fiume

Post by Odin »

http://free-ri.htnet.hr/fortress-fiume/
Its a link to a website which covers the theme of WW2 bunkers and other fortifications of the part of Croatia where I live,all made by an amateur hobbist photographer.
It doesnt have any real connection with reenactment but I think some of you will find it interesting.
Most of the bunkers are Italian made but the Germans took over them after Italy capitulated in 1943 and did some extra work,me and a friend of mine went there to explore a bit and took photos so if anyone wants I can put some of those online.
This is my first post on the forum,cheers from Croatia. :)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Welcome!
Nice site, Nice pictures, nice to have someone from the Balkans on here. Your English is good!

We'd be VERY interested in hearing from you about what's in your area.... we hear tales that Onkel Adey left all sors of goodies in your back yard! :wink:
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

Welcome to the forum, Odin and excellent pics! Paul is correct, you're English is suberb!

Looking forward to your contributions here.

Regards,
Kelly
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
Odin

Post by Odin »

Hello!
Thnx for the warm welcome,I hope I'll learn alot of things about reenacting here since because that hobby is yet unknown in Croatia althrough there are some collectors (but with very impressive collections of more originals than replicas) so I'll speak to them about this.
Yepp,onkel Adi sent alot of its troops to boost the strenght of the Independent state of Croatia since Benito and his crew didnt lasted for long here due to the increasing activity of antifascist partisan rebels backed up by the Allies with weapons and supplies.
But anyway,a bunker is the last place where you can find some artifacts of the WW II because hundreds of people already visited 'em,a better but still small chance to find items is to venture in long tunnels that used for connecting bunkers while those were under siege.
Its unrealistic to expect to find weapons down there (but again,never say never :lol: ) so the usual items we find are helmets,belt buckles and water/gasoline canisters.
Pozdrav iz Hrvatske!

Return to “Internet and links”