HELP!!!!!

BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

I'm going to upgrade a few bits in the mechbox soon, anyway. The tappet plate and nozzle will be amongst the bits that get changed :D

Thanks for all the help and ideas :D
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

OK, boys and girls, it worked fine all weekend, except for my crap battery (thanks, Mr. Stig for the loan of a good one :) ) and a mag related problem that was cured with silicon spray. There is one last thing bugging the crap out of me though. I have three 300 round hi-cap mags. One is plastic and works superbly well on single shot and full rock 'n' roll, without missing a shot, the other two are metal and fire fantasically on single shot, not one missfire, but go to rat-shit on full auto. It spits and coughs, missfires and sends two out at once. Any idea of a fix, please? :D
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

Question, using that magazine, if you fire it on full auto whilst pushing the magazine upwards with your other hand, does the problem go away?

If it goes away, then its a magazine compatibility issue (some guns don't like certain brands of magazines)

If it still continues to fire two rounds, change the Hop-up rubber.
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Cheer, Heinz. The problem occured however I pushed, pulled or cursed at the metal mags. I'm looking into upgrading the whole hop-up chamber to a metal one anyway, so we'll see how that works. Any recommendations?
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

IIRC, the BE M15 is a direct copy of the CA G33. Best thing to do is to speak to a Classic Army stockist, they should be able to get a replacement metal hop-up unit for you. Might as well bung a Marui hop-up rubber and bucking in there as well at the same time, as the ones on BE's aint brilliant.

Oh, PD, I apologise for the NerdSpeak (tm) :lol:
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

I'll try replacing the rubber and bucking first. From what I've found in the last 30 minutes or so, it sounds like they could be the problem. Thanks very much for the help :D
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Anybody got a good contact for supplying the rubber and bucking without trying to charge me £7 to post it? :roll: Absolute robbery. £5 for the rubber and bucking, £7 for postage. Tossers! :evil:
Yith

Post by Yith »

BTW... I have also had certain ammunition occasionally not work well in certain mags.

If you're having problems then it could be all sorts of things that are to blame.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Cheers, Yith, but it's had a few makes of BB through it this weekend and the problem remains. I'm almost certain now that it's the hop up that's causing it, but I need to find a recommended place to buy the rubber and bucking from.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Hop rubber was buggered completey, but fixed now thanks to James being complete star :D

This is what it looked like:

Nasty!! :evil:

Mags I think are sorted. I stripped them out and freed up the mechanisms as one in particular was a bit stiff. Will thoroughly test it out tomorrow when my new battery is fully charged 8)

Return to “WWII Airsoft”