HELP ON BOOKS OF GERMAN WEAPONS!!!!

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Tiger Frau

HELP ON BOOKS OF GERMAN WEAPONS!!!!

Post by Tiger Frau »

Comrades! I need your help urgently!! :shock: I need to find a book on ALL the weapons used by the Germans in WWII. It is for my Germanic Studies course at University.

With the wealth of knowledge :) and experience on this Forum, I am hoping that one of you will be able to help me in my quest. I have been searching the net for ages, even looking in the university library....nothing.....all seem to be on Armour.....not weapons.

I would be so grateful for any help on finding such a book. English or German language....doesn't matter...I can read both.

Thanks again my comrades!! :wink:

Michelle
Ich bin nichts, Deutschland ist alles!
axis sally

Re: HELP ON BOOKS OF GERMAN WEAPONS!!!!

Post by axis sally »

Germanic Studies course at University
Michelle,

as I have not heard about such a course, would you be so kind to let us know which university in the UK you are attending?

As for the books...sorry can´t help you, weapons aren´t my cup of tea!

Gruß,
Beate
dink

Post by dink »

I assume (appologies for leaping in Michelle) that she's studying at Sheffield university.

Books wise, Uni library be a good place to start, there must be a specific section for texts for your course ? Not necs hugely extensive they will be able to get other books on the subjec, your lecturer will be able to point you also to the books relevant to the course.

Other than that I don't know either :lol: sure someone will be able to tell you the best book, I don't have any that are purely weapon specific (though they are covered in them), I think osprey do a very basic one :? (though I could be completely wrong) its not something I've bought anythin about tbh bar airsoft weapons.
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

I need to find a book on ALL the weapons used by the Germans in WWII.

You might be looking for a long time, fingers and spoons count as weapons as well you know :wink: :lol:
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
missyd

Post by missyd »

I think there are books on this subject ....

The best one about german machine guns ....
MG-34 - MG-42: German Universal Machine Guns (Hardcover)
by Folke Myrvang # SBN-10: 088935278X # ISBN-13: 978-0889352780

:mrgreen:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
Tiger Frau

Post by Tiger Frau »

Thanks for all your help friends, I am going into uni. this morning to see if I can get a head start on finding any books on this subject. It is not always an easy task in finding a book when another 20 students in one's class are also looking for the same books!! If no luck there, I will check out the search engines on line, and I'm sure with patience :shock: I wil find something!!

You are right Dink, I am at university in Sheffield! We have one of the best lecturers in the country here in Professor Ian Kershaw-he wrote the Hitler books.

Kind regards :D

Michelle
axis sally

Post by axis sally »

Thank you for the information about Sheffield University Dink...I just had a look

http://www.shef.ac.uk/prospectus/subjec ... es&yr=2008

Cheers,
Beate...old woman a bit wiser now :wink:
NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

German automatic weapons of world war II
Robert Bruce
ISBN 1-85915-043-8
Id sooner be 20 minutes late in this world than 20 years to soon in the next
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

This a good book it has a short wright up about most of the weapons used by the Waffen SS
its called WEAPONS OF THE WAFFEN SS small arms to tanks Its by Bruce Quarrie ISBN 1-85260-048-9
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tiger Frau

Post by Tiger Frau »

I have just returned from the library......and YIPPEE!!!!! :lol: I am a VERY happy bunny!!! :D They didn't have the books that I wanted....but!....I bumped into a friend of mine who has a friend who does Brittish and German reenactment, and he has an old book which covers ALL the weapons of the German's, even those they used from the other countries which they confiscated. I suppose one has to be in the know with the right people!!

I thank you all very much for your help again, it proves yet again, what wonderful, helpful comrades we have on this Forum! :D

Kind regards,

Michelle
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I have two volumes in my collection
Infanteriewaffen gestern (1918 - 1945). Illustrierte Enzyklopädie der Infanteriewaffen aus aller Welt
All in German so will improve your techincal German if needed.

Teil 1
Gebundene Ausgabe
Verlag: Brandenburgisches Verlagshaus; Auflage: 3. Aufl. (1998)
ISBN-10: 3894880368
ISBN-13: 978-3894880361

One available on Amazon at present http://www.amazon.de/Infanteriewaffen-g ... 3894880368

I bought mine at the museum in Vossenach...... along with a nice hardback on Blitzmadchen....
ThorsBote

Post by ThorsBote »

Tiger Frau

Post by Tiger Frau »

I have to say, I am completely gob-smacked at the amount of wonderful help I have been given by all my comrades on this subject! :D I can't thank you all enough for your time and help on my quest in searching for these books. Yesterday I was stuck and had no leads.....now! I am spoilt for choice in all the books to chose from!!!! :lol:

I will have to ask for a bigger study grant to cover the cost of buying all these books!!! :wink:

Thanks again to all my friends on here for helping me! :D

Michelle
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Are you doing the Language or History Course Tiger Frau?
I didn't think Ian was lecturing at present but was researching.

Give us some idea on how you are incorporating the informatin on weapons into your thesis and "some of us" may have some ready prepared stuff to send you which might save you lots of work :wink:

I know Gott Mit Uns did some nice stuff on his course recently....... You NEVER know what goodies peeps have tucked away.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”