War Time Finland Interest

Moderator: Pirkka

jmatchlock

War Time Finland Interest

Post by jmatchlock »

Hope not out of line and no one takes me wrong. My interest is in the Finnish Army and Not the Finnish part of the German Army.as thy look the same as the German Army but with different collier tabs to most people. Not knocking them . As the Finnish SS was charged with NO WAR CRIMS . Yes ,I enjoy the Finnish War Movies although ,I can not speak a word of Finnish like most people . The Interest in war time Finland is growing and you have a lot more people say " Finland, I Did Not Know That" as Finland is rich in history and the little bits need to come out to let people know it. Thank You, Jay
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
Franz repper

Re: War Time Finland Interest

Post by Franz repper »

Jay some of the Finnish veterans I know fought in the Finnish army and Finnish SS batt then back with the Finnish army
ImageImageImageImageImage
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

Franz - Do not get me wrong -I know that -and the Finnish SS batt. hade an outstanding war record -but - The Finnish Army fought for Finland and the SS batt fought for Germany.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

jmatchlock wrote:Franz - Do not get me wrong -I know that -and the Finnish SS batt. hade an outstanding war record -but - The Finnish Army fought for Finland and the SS batt fought for Germany.
Jay most of the SS veterans joined when Finland was still not at war with the USSR most had lost land to Russia and they used the old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" of corse once Finland entered the war again it was diffrent and once the time they served with the SS (3 years) was finished they returned to fight with the Finnish army
ImageImageImageImageImage
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

As you all know I am in Quest -to get more Finnish groups going . I have made post on all the Forms that I know of . sorry to say - I do not see large groups in Finland ? but the Largest and most active groups are in Russia. I would like to exchange information and get information - I am working on an new yahoogroup.com for this.Not like the Kev0s4 U.S. group - that is only in it for the money. Thy do have a good web sight. yes it is an up hill battle . For a one man, that can not speak or read Finnish .I am not a vender or trader or ebay sealer. I am in to it for the History . And , I wish to Thank all that have come forward with Help. Thank You, Jay

Return to “Finnish Discussion”