The 'exposers' exposed!

Moderator: johankreig

Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Borrowed from the WW2 forum:-

http://humanrightsalert.wordpress.com/2 ... on-stories

Sweeney admitting on camera to having a conviction for 'criminal libel!'
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hahaha kev was just about to post it :wink:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I saw that a few days ago on the scientology based rebuttal of Sweeney - The one that shows him go Radio Rental!!!!
And I thought then - How can a man who has a conviction for Criminal Libel be taken with any credibility as a journalist? How can a man who has been convicted of making deliberate falsehoods against someone be seen as a person who's reporting can be taken with ANY merit?

Yet the BBC continue to do so.......

I agree - maybe we, as a hobby should have a fighting fund and sue John Sweeney for Misrepresentation of us and our legitimate, legal and peaceful pastime?
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

me to begin with would pledge 100 towards it if it where to happen
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:How can a man who has a conviction for Criminal Libel be taken with any credibility as a journalist? How can a man who has been convicted of making deliberate falsehoods against someone be seen as a person who's reporting can be taken with ANY merit?

Yet the BBC continue to do so.......
You haven't got any details of his libel trial, have you PD?
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Here we are people.

There are few cases of British media outlets being taken to court in France, although one such example involved the Barclay brothers.

In 1997 they sued the BBC and the journalist John Sweeney after Sweeney gave an interview to BBC Radio Guernsey. The twins said the broadcast could be heard in northern France and filed for libel in Brittany. A French appeal court ordered Sweeney to pay Fr20,000 (£2,200), but rejected the claim against John Birt, then Director General of the BBC.

he Barclays alleged that they had been falsely accused of corruption during the interview, in connection with a scandal in the 1970s.

Sweeney was ordered to pay Fr20,000 in damages by the court of appeal in Rennes for remarks made during an interview he gave to the radio station, although the court rejected demands for damages against Lord Birt.

:shock:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

It'd be waved away as a French Criminal Record and thus not applicable to the British Isles.

However if this was brought up hard enough by such folks as the reenactment community due to similar circumstances, it could indeed be used in court against him as evidence of previous record and will to commit such an offense. Count heavily against him after all.
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Time for me to batton down the hatches, the doco has reached the antipodes.
It is to be shown here on TV1 next Sunday night.

The past week has seen the head of the Jewish council in NZ (who has the same name as me) moaning cos an original letter signed by Adolf is being auctioned next week. So this will just be grist for the mill for them.

But hopefully our distance from Belters will work in our favour, and it wont even get its 15 minutes of fame here.

Gurowski
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

It will have to battle for pre election turmoil on Australian TV and radio at the moment, the current serving Govt looks likely to be toppled at the next General Election.

So likely if it does get broadcast on the ABC in Australia, it will be buried....hopefully
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Photo update:-

Here are some more photos, courtesy of a very kind and sympathetic friend of WW2 reenactment.

As you can see, these pics show Uli Hesse without her sunglasses, and a more full-face pic of Jess Francis/Sarah Mole.

'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

I'd still let the blonde thing look for change for the bus in my pocket though :wink: :lol: :lol:
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

They look so happy too Kevin - Aaaaaaawwwwww! bless :twisted:
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Do they? The one in the blue dress has got what my dad would have treferred to as a 'lemon-sucking look' in every scene she's in. Must be all those nasty working-class people she's forced to associate with.
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Either the lemon thing or someone farted and it followed her
Pirkka wrote:Do they? The one in the blue dress has got what my dad would have treferred to as a 'lemon-sucking look' in every scene she's in. Must be all those nasty working-class people she's forced to associate with.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Oh good got something to scare the kids away from the fire
After you on the blond one John (I dont mind sturing the porridge :shock: )
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Announcements”