Gebirgsjäger Traders

Moderator: les hearn

DrLang

Gebirgsjäger Traders

Post by DrLang »

Does anyone have experience with this guy's Windbluse?

http://stores.ebay.de/Uniform-Welt
gebirgsjäger100

Gebirgsjäger Traders

Post by gebirgsjäger100 »

I bought a Windbluse from Uniform-Welt 2 weeks ago. Everythink quite formal. I espect to get it during this week. I'll report, ok?
Hurra, die Gams!
3./GJR 100
Come and visit us at http://gjr100.blogspot.com/
DrLang

Re: Gebirgsjäger Traders

Post by DrLang »

gebirgsjäger100 wrote:I bought a Windbluse from Uniform-Welt 2 weeks ago. Everythink quite formal. I espect to get it during this week. I'll report, ok?
Thanks! I'm curious to know how it compares to an original.
Heeresbergführer

Post by Heeresbergführer »

Grüß Di' Herr Doktor Lang,

From looking at the photos of the Windbluse in question, I can say that it looks ok and may even be good, but it is not close to an original. But it all depends on how picky one is.

I've been collecting original Gebirgsjäger militaria for 28 years and have several original Windblusen in my collection. Plus, I've been reenacting for 37 years and have had or have seen most of the repro stuff on the market. By far, in my humble opinion, the Hong Kong Keith Windbluse was the closest to an original that I have seen made. The single layer, tan/white material and construction were spot-on. The only thing it was missing was the proper roller-spring wrist strap buckles. I had loaned my originals to Ed Walton, and his were the right construction, but his Windbluse were double sewn...white and green sides sewn together...but that's good for colder weather.

Here are a few original Windbluse:

Berg Heil und Horrido!
Patrick
Dort, wo der Adler haust!
Hauptmann u. Heeresbergführer "Papa" Kiser
Kompanie Chef
5. Kp./Hochgebirgsjäger Btl. 4

DrLang

Post by DrLang »

Herr Hauptmann! This is David Weiser. Thanks for the reference pictures. Maybe I'll just wait and hope that Hong Kong Keith eventually opens his shop back up. I take a hiatus from reenactment and two of my favorite vendors go under. Figures :(
gebirgsjäger100

Post by gebirgsjäger100 »

It would be great that Keith would open again. That way I would have the less a chance to get the 800 € back from the last order I made with him and never came!!!
Hurra, die Gams!
3./GJR 100
Come and visit us at http://gjr100.blogspot.com/
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Welcome in the club :(
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Heeresbergführer wrote:Grüß Di' Herr Doktor Lang,

From looking at the photos of the Windbluse in question, I can say that it looks ok and may even be good, but it is not close to an original. But it all depends on how picky one is.

I've been collecting original Gebirgsjäger militaria for 28 years and have several original Windblusen in my collection. Plus, I've been reenacting for 37 years and have had or have seen most of the repro stuff on the market. By far, in my humble opinion, the Hong Kong Keith Windbluse was the closest to an original that I have seen made. The single layer, tan/white material and construction were spot-on. The only thing it was missing was the proper roller-spring wrist strap buckles. I had loaned my originals to Ed Walton, and his were the right construction, but his Windbluse were double sewn...white and green sides sewn together...but that's good for colder weather.
Berg Heil und Horrido!
Patrick
Gruss gott Heeresbergfuhrer :D
Iam relieved at your observations :wink: ,
This is a pic of my "Wind-smock" which i purchased from HK-Keith before
he threw in the towel :lol:
A certain dealer at Detling 08 said it was the wrong colour :?
Even though i said the "sage green" smocks were issued later/mid war the dealer
insisted that the "tan" colour issue was the only true colour. :roll:
I would be intrested in your opinion of this (see-below) :D
Winter Gebirgs gear.jpg
Winter Gebirgs gear.jpg (27.7 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
(Repro Gebirg wind-smock and related items)

Regards Peiper :D
Graxlhuber

Post by Graxlhuber »

Habe de Ehre,
Herr Hauptmann Kiser,
I may ask why do that white jacket have this red colored ribbon on both arms?
Hurra de Gams
Obergefreiter Hansch

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

Christian, they are winter warfare recognition bands- during snow fighting, both sides would wear similar shapeless white clothing as camouflage, often with hoods covering helmets which are usually the only method to tell apart, so determining friend from foe quickly was essential. These coloured bands would be changed daily or as required, similar to the daily changing of codes for radios. Orders would be issued stating something like the colours for the day would be red on both arms, black on the left arm or a combination of colours. These colours of course were fine if you had recent information and a good supply of the correct bands :shock: !

There are usually buttoned on the outside and inside of each sleeve. One of the Chinese vendors does sell them, but they are easy to make if you are a gun on a sewing machine.

mfg
Stefan
Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
Graxlhuber

Post by Graxlhuber »

Thanks a lot, didn't know that.

Hurra de Gams

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”