Rucksack's

Moderator: les hearn

Me-109 Jagdflieger

Rucksack's

Post by Me-109 Jagdflieger »

I dont think this has been asked yet and if so i could not find anything about it in my search on the forum,
It seems that Gebrigsjaeger Rucksacks are few and far between and when they do pop up they cost as much as my k-98 :shock: , What do you fellow reenactors use for a rucksack as I know of 0 repo ones :?: would a post war czech one that is modeled after the late war german rucksack's with two pockets on the front be acceptable for a late war Gebrigsjaeger impression :?:
Jonathan
Der Jüngling steigt den Berg mit Qual
Die Aussicht ist ihm sehr egal
Hat das Röslein nur im Sinn
Bringt es seiner Liebsten hin
Peiper

Re: Rucksack's

Post by Peiper »

Try Battleflag Militaria! (UK)

They have some genuine rucksacks but the normal kind,
which in my opinion are better than a Czech type for a
"stand in" as a Gebirg one, these go for around the £50
mark (GBP).

Sometimes Gebirg rucksacks pop up on there, that's how
i got mine. :D
Rucksack.jpg
Rucksack.jpg (17.41 KiB) Viewed 1472 times
Good luck, Peiper :wink:
mario33

Post by mario33 »

I would say, that M31 Geb. rucksack is of more universal use across TOWs. Pls note that 'core' WH GJ units (1-5 Div) tended to favour specific equipment right up to the end. I think its much more 'within the spirit' of those units to use M31 Rucksack for reenactment purposes. Its a fine piece of equipment in itself too.

Nevertheless, the only place of use for late all-canvas rucksack would be in my opinion Italy 1944/45 or late Balkans 1944/45.

I wouldnt opt for Czech rucksacks at all as they need too much alterations to be used as a good repro.

I do have both - M31Geb. and general all-canvas ones. Both originals. If anyone tries any kind of repro - pls let me know :)
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Me-109 Jagdflieger

Post by Me-109 Jagdflieger »

Thank you for your replys,
I will keep a eye out on Battleflag Militaria and see what comes up, I am planning on doing a late war impression arround 1944/45 as My K-98 was made in 1944, so I was not sure if the Gebirgsjaeger units would have been issued or used a late war style canvas ruck or not,
Jonathan
Der Jüngling steigt den Berg mit Qual
Die Aussicht ist ihm sehr egal
Hat das Röslein nur im Sinn
Bringt es seiner Liebsten hin

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”