Mentions BFC.
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Franz repper

Re: Foyles War

Post by Franz repper »

John Wilson wrote:Sun. 25/04/10 ITV
Mentions BFC.
BFC ? Beacon ,Fried ,chicken ? or those nasty chaps in the British Free corps ?
ImageImageImageImageImage
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

mmm, bacon and fried chicken :D ...It may mention those goodies mon frere but judging by the glimpse at the end of the last episode it does seem to about those who donned feldgrau near the end of a brothers war. I wonder if it'll be biased in any way? :lol:
BFC as seen by the telly-
Badly flawed crap?
Britain for communism?
Beer, fags, coke?(for the luvvies in the industry)
It's worth a watch if not for anything but a laugh.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Well this week's episode dealt with the unsavoury conduct of the US Troops in the UK - segregation and the unruly behaviour of our "guests" - Specifically used the 1st Inf Div as its basis - Not seen ANY mention of it on the forums - NO discussion and no dialogue about this fact of British Wartime life........ You can bet your ass the barrack room lawyers will be spouting about next week's depiction of BFC....... Foyles War seems to be dealing with some rather controversial aspects of the 40s. Well done to the writers.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

I have found that is the case with all the Foyles war episodes
ImageImageImageImageImage
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Well this week's episode dealt with the unsavoury conduct of the US Troops in the UK - segregation and the unruly behaviour of our "guests" - Specifically used the 1st Inf Div as its basis - Not seen ANY mention of it on the forums - NO discussion and no dialogue about this fact of British Wartime life........ You can bet your ass the barrack room lawyers will be spouting about next week's depiction of BFC....... Foyles War seems to be dealing with some rather controversial aspects of the 40s. Well done to the writers.
It's probably not been mentioned on the forums because the yanks were our friends after all and didn't segregate the red ball drivers at all :roll: And after all, Sussex had a thriving jamaican community prior to and during the war :lol:
As for the coming episode, I think it's going to be a blatant rip off of the Amerys story, maybe with a couple of artistic differences thrown in to make it popular with the rose tinted spec viewing public who seem to think that racism and anti-semitism were never popular in Britain.
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

The BFC one was abit disapointing....it had so much scope for controversey and it just blew it...ended up being boring.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Well this week's episode dealt with the unsavoury conduct of the US Troops in the UK - segregation and the unruly behaviour of our "guests" -
The "Cleft chin trials" come to mind :?:

Return to “Books, films & other media”