Unser gruss ist "Heil Hitler" Anyone seen one before?

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
KB Martinsen

Unser gruss ist "Heil Hitler" Anyone seen one before?

Post by KB Martinsen »

Just spotted this on a Danish forum, I've never seen one of these before. Have any of you?

Any idea where this would have been used? Is it likely to be a post July 1944 thing? Or could it be earlier?

http://www.nordisk-forum.dk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26007
Pug42

Re: Unser gruss ist "Heil Hitler" Anyone seen one before?

Post by Pug42 »

Don't know what you are referring to as that link takes you to a log-in page, and obviously I am not a member of a Danish language forum!

Can you cut and paste the relevant bit?
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
KB Martinsen

Post by KB Martinsen »

Sorry about that. I didn't realise that you had to log in to see the thread. Here is a photo of the sign.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

Its a non- military sign . Signs like this were fixed in the civilian area at entrys of public buildings or stores, to give up the normal greetings like "Guten Tag" or "Hallo". An other popular slogan was „Trittst Du hier als Deutscher ein, soll Dein Gruß „Heil Hitler" sein" (If you entry as a German, your greeting should be "Heil Hitler).

Hope I could help,

Steffen

Chris Pittman

Post by Chris Pittman »

Steffen wrote:Its a non- military sign . Signs like this were fixed in the civilian area at entrys of public buildings or stores, to give up the normal greetings like "Guten Tag" or "Hallo". An other popular slogan was „Trittst Du hier als Deutscher ein, soll Dein Gruß „Heil Hitler" sein" (If you entry as a German, your greeting should be "Heil Hitler).

Hope I could help,

Steffen
I agree with Steffen. If this is original I believe it likely dates from the early part of the Third Reich, around 1933. Enamel signs like this have been widely reproduced for decades.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Chris Pittman wrote:
Steffen wrote:Its a non- military sign . Signs like this were fixed in the civilian area at entrys of public buildings or stores, to give up the normal greetings like "Guten Tag" or "Hallo". An other popular slogan was „Trittst Du hier als Deutscher ein, soll Dein Gruß „Heil Hitler" sein" (If you entry as a German, your greeting should be "Heil Hitler).

Hope I could help,

Steffen
I agree with Steffen. If this is original I believe it likely dates from the early part of the Third Reich, around 1933. Enamel signs like this have been widely reproduced for decades.
I double that allot of these signs are being faked at the minute, probably an exact copy of the real deal...
But I wouldn't buy one unless I seen it being took from a wall... :lol:

Regards

Jonny

Return to “Anything WWII!”