Gebirgs rifles? and re-joining greeting!

Moderator: les hearn

Bergpfarrer

Gebirgs rifles? and re-joining greeting!

Post by Bergpfarrer »

Hallo Berg-Kameraden!

Its me, Drew from Texas (used to be 'Heerespfarrer Heinz', but the forum 'lost' me, and I had to reregister), and I have a question regarding rifles the G'bergs used...

Since they worked with, and traded with, the Italian Alpini, did they ever carry Carcano carbines and short rifles? I heard they were together in the Kaukasus as well as in Italy, but didn't know about the use of italian rifles. I bought a 1941 Carcano for $100 a few months back (just because it was $100!) and later thought about using it at some events for a 'traded' weapon.

Opinions? Y'all are the Berg-experts!

Drew
A. Heinz
Evangelische Pfarrer der 1.Gebirgsdivision
KB Martinsen

Re: Gebirgs rifles? and re-joining greeting!

Post by KB Martinsen »

I'm no expert on Gebirgsjägere, but I don't think it would have been a common sight.

One of these however http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_Model_38 might be somewhat more historically correct.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Horrido Drew first off your Heerespfarrer Heinz account is still live so dont know what happened your end ?
I have some photos some place, of Germans with Italian rifles but I think they are second line units and in Italy . The short rifles would you mean of Italian Make or the likes of the Gewehr 33/40 ?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Bergpfarrer

Post by Bergpfarrer »

Franz,

I"m not sure what happened with my Heerespfarrer Heinz account either, but everytime I try to sign in, it doesn't let me.

I was talking about the Carcano short rifles or cavalry carbines, as I read that the Alpini liked them because they were light and compact.

Below is my $100 1941 Carcano Cavalry carbine.
Attachments
carcano.jpg
carcano.jpg (16.77 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
A. Heinz
Evangelische Pfarrer der 1.Gebirgsdivision

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”