Confused about Reenacting across the pond?

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

SchutzeHagemann

Confused about Reenacting across the pond?

Post by SchutzeHagemann »

Hey Guys,

Here in the U.S. we do reenacting with blanks as many know. However, like in the U.K., do you guys do the same? How about in Europe? I'm sure this is a stupid question, but it has confused me very much with everyone talking about de-acts and the such. Thanks!

Sam
Kampfgruppe Steiner
Botty

Re: Confused about Reenacting across the pond?

Post by Botty »

Yes we re-enact with blanks fired from live weapons (and specific blank firing replicas when laws allow). However due to gun laws lots of people have to rent these weapons for events from businesses having the correct legal permissions. Automatic and semiautomatic weapons are generally not allowed to be owned in the UK and Europe (mainly) privately

In order to own most weapons people have to buy ones that have been de-activated (de-ac), I think this is referred to as de-mil in the US? e.g. altered in such a way so as to no longer be able to discharge as round, live OR blank. These can then be used at events where firing is not needed.
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.
SSnez

Post by SSnez »

Hi Sam,
The above post explains it all. the UK have very strict firearm laws.
I own a de-activated k98(as I do not currently have a firearms licence)which I take to events where we would do a display (posing to the general public) and then I hire out a blank-firing weapon when I attend tactical (private) events. Hope these posts have un-confused you. cheers Danny
"When I was bound apprentice in famous Lincolnshire"
OliverVU

Post by OliverVU »

Here in Belgium there is no need for a license to own a live k98, so I always carry a live one to events. I don't know of any events that forbid live weapons here in Belgium
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Dutch reenacting firearms laws are not very strict, you can have just about anything with the proper permits. We reenact with full auto machineguns, rifles, smg's, all running on blanks. Sometimes MG's are converted to gas.

Cheers
Botty

Post by Botty »

All the more reason to aspire to live in Belgium. More brilliant beers than days of the year, more bank holidays than anywhere else in Europe and great firearms laws!

Sadly I failed to learn French let alone trying Flemish.
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.
OliverVU

Post by OliverVU »

German is also one of the official languages of Belgium, 2 strikes in 1 :idea:
Germanreprouniforms

Post by Germanreprouniforms »

Botty wrote:All the more reason to aspire to live in Belgium. More brilliant beers than days of the year, more bank holidays than anywhere else in Europe and great firearms laws!

Sadly I failed to learn French let alone trying Flemish.
Count me in!! How do I enlist in a unit in Belgium?? Do you guys take a well seasoned 22 year veteran??
OliverVU

Post by OliverVU »

please pick a number :lol:

Return to “General”