present arms rifle drill.

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
jlmod

present arms rifle drill.

Post by jlmod »

Just a quick question regarding this piece of drill as it seems there are a few contradictory bits that can be misleading. When positioning the rifle in front of the body I'm doing this with it in line with the LEFT breast pocket. I have seen this on most sites and of videos yet in the description on the home page this says barrel band should be on line with RIGHT eye? I have also been told on occasions that it is the rifle SITE. that is level with the eye and not the upper barrel band. Confusing as you can imagine. Just wanting to know exactly what is right? Many thanks.
berlin1945

Re: present arms rifle drill.

Post by berlin1945 »

on here there is a video or sequence of movements done by harold a few years ago , ill try to find for you , bare with me
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
jlmod

Post by jlmod »

Yes I have seen the video Harold did it's.great. so I take it that this is correct in every way then?That will mean that on the link entitled drill on the home page in the section describing present arms that the bit where it says on level with right eye is wrong - it should say left eye.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

jlmod wrote:Yes I have seen the video Harold did it's.great. so I take it that this is correct in every way then?That will mean that on the link entitled drill on the home page in the section describing present arms that the bit where it says on level with right eye is wrong - it should say left eye.

yes i would think so
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
jlmod

Post by jlmod »

thank you - all is clear now. ;-)

Return to “Anything WWII!”